Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Camera Zoom Question

Uzaho

I'm using a combat script and it's working fine. I'm just curious in regarding to detection if the whole Camera Zoom/Moving Camera with arrows is something that would be captured by Jagex considering when I normally play I play really zoomed out and use the mouse only to turn the camera if that makes sense. It's not a big deal, just wondering if that is something I should incorporate when I normally play. I bot minimally, 1 hour max, quests in-between botting sessions, etc.

The zoom setting has to be default as that's the only way the bot successfully works, as for camera, iirc the API does support camera movement using the mouse.

Yeah I was just wondering about when I play manually if it would be considered suspicious that for periods of time I'm using mouse to play zoomed out and then when botting I use arrows to move a very zoomed in screen. Not a big deal, was just kind of curious about that.

• 10 months later...

@Uzaho i think this is a super valid concern. I think 90% of bots on the market right now simply don't zoom, and I assume that Jagex records zoom settings in their database...

5 hours ago, pash said:

@Uzaho i think this is a super valid concern. I think 90% of bots on the market right now simply don't zoom, and I assume that Jagex records zoom settings in their database...

This thread is almost a year old. I've never personally had any issues with the fact that I bot at default zoom, not like they can flag an account for not zooming. Plenty of normal users play it on default.

57 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

This thread is almost a year old. I've never personally had any issues with the fact that I bot at default zoom, not like they can flag an account for not zooming. Plenty of normal users play it on default.

Even though this thread is a year old, default zoom is way too much zoomed in imo.

All I'm saying is the fact that ALL BOTS DONT ZOOM easily narrows down the search problem for Jagex by pruning all accounts that zoom. I would like to test this as a script-level anti-ban feature if you have any api recs

42 minutes ago, pash said:

All I'm saying is the fact that ALL BOTS DONT ZOOM easily narrows down the search problem for Jagex by pruning all accounts that zoom. I would like to test this as a script-level anti-ban feature if you have any api recs

If it helps, DB3 will be able to handle resizable and zoom. DB2 does not and will not. Once that's released you're free to do all the testing you'd like.

They can't just "prune" all accounts that use zoom. There are bots that use zoom. DB2 is just not set up for it to easily be added without rewriting a very large chunk of stuff, hence it being in DB3. Sure, they could add it in as a flag if an account uses default zoom, but like I said, I've never had an issue with it.

20 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

If it helps, DB3 will be able to handle resizable and zoom. DB2 does not and will not. Once that's released you're free to do all the testing you'd like.

They can't just "prune" all accounts that use zoom. There are bots that use zoom. DB2 is just not set up for it to easily be added without rewriting a very large chunk of stuff, hence it being in DB3. Sure, they could add it in as a flag if an account uses default zoom, but like I said, I've never had an issue with it.

I'm with you on the idea that zoom doesn't affect detection, but off-topic... DB3? 😈.

Archived