Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Local path.

JanDeBruin

http://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1171-general-walkingpathing/

That's a link to a question I asked about walking a few days ago. I don't think localPath is being used much anymore, as the web walker is fairly smart. I use the web walker by walking to the next tile based on my current location:

EX:

if(getLocalPlayer().getTile().getY() > 3296 && getLocalPlayer().getTile().getX() < 3192 )

{

getWalking().walk(new Tile(3191, 3291));

}

else if(getLocalPlayer().getTile().getX()<3213 && getLocalPlayer().getTile().getY()>3282)

{

getWalking().walk(new Tile(3200, 3279));

}

else if(getLocalPlayer().getTile().getX() < 3216 && getLocalPlayer().getTile().getY() > 3272)

{

getWalking().walk(new Tile(3215, 3270));

}

And this allows me to use the webwalker in a more detailed and specific way.

It is also capeable of going large distances (Lumbridge to port sarim) on its own in a single getWalking.walk(destinationTile) call if the exact pathing does not matter much.

I made a local path tile:

Tile[] tile = new Tile[]{new Tile(3045, 3235), new Tile(3050, 3246), new Tile(3054, 3250), new Tile(3059, 3253)};

But how can I traverse this tile?

Like SpareGold said above you can usually you getWalking().walk(), though for some areas of the map it does have issues, and paths may be a better choice depending on your situation.

If you would like to still use a path, you can use LocalPath, which would like something similar to this:

LocalPath path = LocalPath(methodContext); 
    //Next update there will be path.addAll(Tile...), so you can directly add the array, but for now we can use.
    path.addAll(Arrays.asList(tilePath));
    //Now to set which direction to walk we can use (Default is forward, so this is unneeded)
    setDirection(PathDirection.FORWARD) 

//Finally to take a step in the path we call walk(); to walk the whole path, walk() must be called for each step, allowing you to control its rate
    path.walk();

I hope this clarifies the LocalPath class a bit! :)

Like SpareGold said above you can usually you getWalking().walk(), though for some areas of the map it does have issues, and paths may be a better choice depending on your situation.

If you would like to still use a path, you can use LocalPath, which would like something similar to this:

LocalPath path = LocalPath(methodContext); 
    //Next update there will be path.addAll(Tile...), so you can directly add the array, but for now we can use.
    path.addAll(Arrays.asList(tilePath));
    //Now to set which direction to walk we can use (Default is forward, so this is unneeded)
    setDirection(PathDirection.FORWARD) 

//Finally to take a step in the path we call walk(); to walk the whole path, walk() must be called for each step, allowing you to control its rate
    path.walk();

I hope this clarifies the LocalPath class a bit! :)

What is methodContext?

Which you can get by doing

getClient().getMethodContext(); :)

Don't listen to Nezz, he rides the short bus. :P

AbstractScript extends MethodContext, meaning if your inside of your Script class you could just :

new LocalPath(this);

Don't listen to Nezz, he rides the short bus. :P

AbstractScript extends MethodContext, meaning if your inside of your Script class you could just :

new LocalPath(this);

o ya you could do that too

if you're a jew like noto

@Notorious

Noto, what could be a good & efficient method in the API to tell the script like:

If player is standing on certain object (i.e: A fire), then move to this other Tile  ?

E: Please check... Tile system isn't working properly. I define a tile and it goes for another

Archived