Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • RQuester [50+ Quests]

Roma

On 4/26/2019 at 5:58 AM, Furyscape said:

Script gets stuck in Biohazard "finding Elena's distillator"

And Plague city when having to talk to "Milli" it also gets stuck

Script got stuck a few times durnig these quests didn't have any problems with other quests so far.

Try turning roofs off. This has fixed these issues for me in the past.

5 hours ago, Roma said:

Working on v3.14, added experience selection. If you guys have suggestions now is a good time.

Safe spots will be changed/improved/added in v3.15.

@Roma Not sure if either of these are possible, but I have a couple suggestions.

1. Turning roofs off at start up when the bot initializes (This can be done by simple typing "::toggleroof" in the chat). There are a couple sticky spots that get stuck with the roof and camera angle (Plague City, Biohazard, and Tree Gnome Village) Rarely is it an issue, but it would solve 100% of the bugs that arise.

2. Being able to choose which combat skill the experience reward is used on for Shadow of the Storm. Or if that is too work intensive for this update could we at least get Ranged set by default instead of Strength. It's one of the only quests to gain Range xp and I would assume most people use it for Ranged. 

I'll do some more thinking on this but honestly this script is damn near flawless. One of the best RS Scripts I've ever used. 

To anyone debating buying this script it is 100% worth it.

1 hour ago, justpixels said:

I'll do some more thinking on this but honestly this script is damn near flawless. One of the best RS Scripts I've ever used. 

Except for this.

I really want to like this bot but I just can't purchase it in its current state because of issues like this ^^^.  This is the most recent bug I have found in addition to not clicking on certain quest objects and npcs. Not sure what causes these bugs exactly as I am using the recommended settings and am restarting the bot/client with fresh start and running it once per quest to test. Hopefully they get fixed soon and when that day comes I will be all over this script.

• [ERROR]21:10:31: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.map.TileReference.getGridY(TileReference.java:111) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.LocalPath.walkTileMM(LocalPath.java:93) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.LocalPath.walk(LocalPath.java:77) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.web.node.impl.BasicWebNode.execute(BasicWebNode.java:35) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.GlobalPath.walk(GlobalPath.java:39) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.impl.Walking.walk(Walking.java:123) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.framework.api.methods.ExtendedWalking.a(Unknown Source) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.quests.rquester.quests.treegnomevillage.actions.KillTGVBoss.b(Unknown Source) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.quests.rquester.core.RQuester.onLoop(Unknown Source) at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:256) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This error occured on quest Tree Gnome Village. I took screenshots but Dreambot will not allow me to upload more than 512kb so I will upload the screenshots and post them 2mar.

5 hours ago, lordhandlee said:

Except for this.

I really want to like this bot but I just can't purchase it in its current state because of issues like this ^^^.  This is the most recent bug I have found in addition to not clicking on certain quest objects and npcs. Not sure what causes these bugs exactly as I am using the recommended settings and am restarting the bot/client with fresh start and running it once per quest to test. Hopefully they get fixed soon and when that day comes I will be all over this script.

Try making sure noted isn't selected in the bank when you start the script. I've ran into this once or twice and that was always it

8 hours ago, justpixels said:

@Roma Not sure if either of these are possible, but I have a couple suggestions.

1. Turning roofs off at start up when the bot initializes (This can be done by simple typing "::toggleroof" in the chat). There are a couple sticky spots that get stuck with the roof and camera angle (Plague City, Biohazard, and Tree Gnome Village) Rarely is it an issue, but it would solve 100% of the bugs that arise.

2. Being able to choose which combat skill the experience reward is used on for Shadow of the Storm. Or if that is too work intensive for this update could we at least get Ranged set by default instead of Strength. It's one of the only quests to gain Range xp and I would assume most people use it for Ranged. 

Hey,

1. DreamBot already has that. Go to settings -> randoms -> disable roof solver. :D

2. This is what I meant by saying experience selection, so that's going to be added in the next version. :D

Thanks for the feedback.

7 hours ago, lordhandlee said:

Except for this.

This happens because you start the script with noted items in your inventory. The bot tries to unnote them but since they're noted in your inventory setup it's withdrawing them in noted mode. As you can see on your video it's switching from noted to item mode for a reason (it's obviously not a glitch xD). I recommend you to use profiles for your gear/inventory. :) 

Edit: just noticed that your bank setup is invalid. It can lead to DreamBot's scrolling glitch. I'm pretty sure that it's not fixed yet. You can avoid it by having a banking tab.

6 hours ago, lordhandlee said:
    • [ERROR]21:10:31: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.map.TileReference.getGridY(TileReference.java:111) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.LocalPath.walkTileMM(LocalPath.java:93) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.LocalPath.walk(LocalPath.java:77) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.web.node.impl.BasicWebNode.execute(BasicWebNode.java:35) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.path.impl.GlobalPath.walk(GlobalPath.java:39) at org.dreambot.api.methods.walking.impl.Walking.walk(Walking.java:123) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.framework.api.methods.ExtendedWalking.a(Unknown Source) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.quests.rquester.quests.treegnomevillage.actions.KillTGVBoss.b(Unknown Source) at com.qqqqqqqq.dreambot.scripts.quests.rquester.core.RQuester.onLoop(Unknown Source) at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:256) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is not an error. It's saying that the mouse click has been canceled (most likely because the map chunk was loading). If you need more information check this post by Nezz:

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10535-bankopenclosest-throws-npe/&do=findComment&comment=99907

Edit2: if you have questions or need help with the script add me on discord: Roma#5422 DreamBot's notification are usually delayed and I'm not always at the PC.

Edited by Roma

7 hours ago, Roma said:

This is not an error. It's saying that the mouse click has been canceled (most likely because the map chunk was loading). If you need more information check this post by Nezz:

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10535-bankopenclosest-throws-npe/&do=findComment&comment=99907

According to the post it should not have exited out of the script but it did in my case. How can I prevent the mouse click being canceled from happening again?

Just finished v3.14, haven't tested it yet so there's still time for suggestions :).

Change log so far:

1ErEjDv.png

51 minutes ago, lordhandlee said:

According to the post it should not have exited out of the script but it did in my case. How can I prevent the mouse click being canceled from happening again?

I'm not sure how to explain this without getting into programming. DreamBot is catching NullPointers (and other exceptions), it's coded so that it doesn't stop the script whenever an error is thrown, it just prints the trace. If there's an actual error present the script will spam the error message in the console, the bot won't be able to perform it's next task. Hope this somewhat explains what's going on.

So if the script is actually stopping whenever the message appears it's most likely a java based issue. I can only suggest you to reinstall java :shrug:. If that doesn't help maybe the staff can help further, maybe they know more since they wrote the client.