Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Parameters do not work

AHappyHippo

The following parameters do not seem to work:

-accountUsernames

-accountPasswords

-script

-version

-world

-username

-password

DOUBT WORK:

-proxyHostArg

-proxyPortArg

-proxyUserArg

-proxyPassArg

DO WORK:

-portable

-proxy

Is there any chance you could offer clarification or provide a fix for these problems? 

Somehow I missed the fancy writing stating this is a VIP only feature. Can anyone please confirm for me these parameter features work before I purchase VIP solely for the purpose of parameter use?

They dont work because the listed one's are required to be implemented by the Scripter whilst proxy and portable are handled by the Client, because if the Script would do them it would be to late.

Portable starts/loads the Client in your Current directory, so that cant run when its allready running and the Proxy has to be set before the Client starts!

Should be correct info, correct me if I am wrong ;)

Your whole first statement is not correct.

None of the ones listed are handled by a script itself, the only thing handled by a script is what happens with the -params arguments.

OP what operating system are you running on, and can you give an example of how you're using them?

This for example, does not attempt to automatically login nor select a world. I purchased VIP solely for quickstart features, it is crucial to the project I am working on.

It only seems to automatically log me in if I had an account stored with the client and used the -account nickname parameter.

-script NAME -version VERSION# -world WORLD# -username DREAMBOTUSERNAME -password DREAMBOTPASSWORD -accountUsernamesNAME-accountPasswordsPASSWORD

This code simply leaves me at the login screen with my script running, so it does seem to successfully launch my script. In my logic I tell the client to sleepUntil we are logged in and it just spam/waits on us to be logged in, never launches the Login script. Also when using the parameters -accountUsernames & -accountPasswords I had to keep them with no spaces, otherwise it told me there was not an even amount of accounts per password and vice versa. 

I assume it is not automatically logging me in because it is not detecting my account in the accountUsernames/accountPasswords parameter?

Edit: I am only able to really dedicate time to this project on the weekends so any help/advice ASAP is much appreciated.

Edit2: If I understand this correctly, the accountUsernames & -accountPasswords is for the script? If this is true, how can I direct the login manager to use that account?

I managed to bypass this problem by accepting username/password/nickname parameters and using addAccount and setAccount.

the accountUsernames and accountPasswords when given multiple of each is used for starting multiple tabs at once

They shouldn't have any spaces in the usernames and passwords, since RS doesn't let you have spaces in either (that I'm aware of)

The *only* thing used by the Script is the -params argument. Nothing else is handled by the script.

When I last tested the usernames/passwords parameters it logged me into the client fine. If you could PM me the actual line you're using (but change letters in the account information so you're not actually giving me your info) so I can get a general idea of what you're actually trying to do instead of giving dummy arguments I would appreciate it.

If any of your usernames or passwords actually does have a space in it, I would recommend swapping it out with a _ or if you surround the whole param in "" it should be fine, like

-script "My first script" -version 3.0 -world 301 -username Nezz -password myFirstPassword -accountUsernames "My first account" -accountPasswords my_first_password

Also in your example, you didn't have a space after -accountUsernames or -accountPasswords

This is assuming you're using windows, tbh I'm not actually entirely sure how command line arguments work through Linux or Mac although it should still be the same. :P

If you have any questions I would recommend PMing me on Discord (you can get in our discord channel by clicking the chat button at the top of the forums)

It's a little easier for me to get notifications and see who needs help so you generally get a quicker response from me there.

• 2 months later...

the accountUsernames and accountPasswords when given multiple of each is used for starting multiple tabs at once

They shouldn't have any spaces in the usernames and passwords, since RS doesn't let you have spaces in either (that I'm aware of)

The *only* thing used by the Script is the -params argument. Nothing else is handled by the script.

When I last tested the usernames/passwords parameters it logged me into the client fine. If you could PM me the actual line you're using (but change letters in the account information so you're not actually giving me your info) so I can get a general idea of what you're actually trying to do instead of giving dummy arguments I would appreciate it.

If any of your usernames or passwords actually does have a space in it, I would recommend swapping it out with a _ or if you surround the whole param in "" it should be fine, like

-script "My first script" -version 3.0 -world 301 -username Nezz -password myFirstPassword -accountUsernames "My first account" -accountPasswords my_first_password

Also in your example, you didn't have a space after -accountUsernames or -accountPasswords

This is assuming you're using windows, tbh I'm not actually entirely sure how command line arguments work through Linux or Mac although it should still be the same. :P

If you have any questions I would recommend PMing me on Discord (you can get in our discord channel by clicking the chat button at the top of the forums)

It's a little easier for me to get notifications and see who needs help so you generally get a quicker response from me there.

-world used to work but right now the quickstart is always loading at world 25... Doesn't matter if the -world parameter was set in quickstart or not (Doesn't pick client's preferred world)

Archived