Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why null is becoming scarce (and my thoughts on it)

Dioxin

Who said this article was purely Java related? I gave reasons already, you just never cared to hear them out. I could give tou the exact same reply

your points suggested that this article was java related.

as for your edit, see ^

i expected it to be java only based on the fact that your points were java directed (or at least most of them were)

your points suggested that this article was java related.

as for your edit, see ^

My points suggested that null wasn't needed in languages. I wasn't saying specifically Java; I only related it to Java for those who don't have experience in other languages, and don't understand how something like removing the need for null would be possible.

Of course, since Java's standard API (the parts that have yet to be updated) still return null, this cant be used to it's full extent in Java. I was just explaining how null is being ommited from a lot of newer languages, and I gave a reason as to why

My points suggested that null wasn't needed in languages. I wasn't saying specifically Java; I only related it to Java for those who don't have experience in other languages, and don't understand how something like removing the need for null would be possible.

and my points were also related to java "for those who don't have experience in other languages" ;)

and my points were also related to java "for those who don't have experience in other languages" ;)

You suggested nulls should be used to represent "no data". What I'm saying is "You shouldn't care about what the actual value is, even if there is no data; just let your program do it's thing, performing what behavior it should perform based on the value". Null checks arent really to help you "do nothing/something if there is no value", rather than to help avoid getting an error. Talking in context of object orientation, null checks are noise. We now work with objects, which contain behavior. Null is the only reference value that does not allow behavior, and will give you a error for attempting to call something from it. Instead of giving an error, "default behavior", which would either be "do nothing" or actually perform something. The only "checking" that should happen is against primitives

You suggested nulls should be used to represent "no data". What I'm saying is "You shouldn't care about what the actual value is, even if there is no data; just let your program do it's thing, performing what behavior it should perform based on the value". Null checks arent really to help you "do nothing/something if there is no value", rather than to help avoid getting an error. Talking in context of object orientation, null checks are noise. We now work with objects, which contain behavior. Null is the only reference value that does not allow behavior, and will give you a error for attempting to call something from it. Instead of giving an error, "default behavior", which would either be "do nothing" or actually perform something. The only "checking" that should happen is against primitives

ur a joker huh

If I see any more flame, the infractions will start. Keep this kind so everyone can learn or put their opinion/knowledge in.

Swizzbeats deserves an infraction. He does brought nothing to the table and is encouraging harrassment (playing along with the d riding). He makes vulgar comments and I believe an infraction would be justified. All I was did was bring up the subject of nulls being ommited from many developers' arsenals, and he had to reply saying anyone who doesn't think the way he does is a moron. He also tries to start conflicts with other botting communities, which can cause unwanted trouble. I'm sorry, but I don't feel he should run around like that without getting any warning. If it helps, I was extremely offended :)

ur a joker huh

How am I a "joker"?

Swizzbeats deserves an infraction. He does brought nothing to the table and is encouraging harrassment (playing along with the d riding). He makes vulgar comments and I believe an infraction would be justified. All I was did was bring up the subject of nulls being ommited from many developers' arsenals, and he had to reply saying anyone who doesn't think the way he does is a moron. He also tries to start conflicts with other botting communities, which can cause unwanted trouble. I'm sorry, but I don't feel he should run around like that without getting any warning. If it helps, I was extremely offended :)

How am I a "joker"?

because u made my night

ur a funy funy man

because u made my night

ur a funy funy man

Trolls... When you corner them, they jump off topic. Please, don't give me any reasons for anything. You are obviously always right; all trolls are, eh?

Let me know when you have something beneficial to bring to the table. Until then, I hope you got a real good laugh, cause I sure did, Mr Cambridge Graduate   ;)

I know it performs the default behaviour, you seem to have misunderstood my point. Let's say that for some reason, 4999 items were null and 1 wasn't. It would be calling a method 4999 times for nothing. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

and NOTHING

like i said i suggest you read up on the basics

null is a quick fix for default values? your thing is too except it's bad. you're saying my theory is bad when in reality yours is 

hop on my big blak dong

And I just wanna quote this one last time.. You assuming the method would be called all 5k times shows me you have no knowledge of what goes on under-the-hood. You of all people should know of these basic runtime optimization techniques

Archived