Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Seems like there was a banwave on OSRS today

Mrxxz0

You're pretty stupid

I never knew that pointing out someone is still responsible for their accounts safety makes you stupid.

You hit me right in the feels, i'm so upset.

I never knew that pointing out someone is still responsible for their accounts safety makes you stupid.

You hit me right in the feels, i'm so upset.

Again, that's a pretty stupid statement... I was pointing out that calling someone a scammer, because his account was compromised due to a database leak of the website he was using, is pretty stupid.

It doesn't make him a scammer if the website is responsible for his account being compromised.

Again, that's a pretty stupid statement... I was pointing out that calling someone a scammer, because his account was compromised due to a database leak of the website he was using, is pretty stupid.

It doesn't make him a scammer if the website is responsible for his account being compromised.

Actually not at all true, he is still responsible.

If he isn't able to request a ban (for example if he wasn't on the account for an X-period) or update his information when they have notified people within a X-time, then that's completely on him not the website. 

If the website was handing out his password for him to scam then sure I would understand, but that wasn't the case.

Actually not at all true, he is still responsible.

If he isn't able to request a ban (for example if he wasn't on the account for an X-period) or update his information when they have notified people within a X-time, then that's completely on him not the website. 

If the website was handing out his password for him to scam then sure I would understand, but that wasn't the case.

This is retarded when I did not log into the site? How on earth was I supposed to know that there was a database leak and I happened to be targeted when I'm busy with my life?

This is retarded when I did not log into the site? How on earth was I supposed to know that there was a database leak and I happened to be targeted when I'm busy with my life?

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, at the same time no one has said that you "cannot be busy with your real life". I'm pretty sure at least the vast majority of us have more responsibilities in life than just sitting around on the PC reading the botting forums all day, but that doesn't really mean much when scamming is scamming regardless of the person doing such acts towards other(s).

b124cc83c39e919d6961e7584716ee54.png

Going by your logic (not from the picture above, but by what you claimed so far) we shouldn't be punished for being "hacked by someone" even if they do scam? If that was the case, everyone would be getting off free of charge and an prime example of say when I was compromised back in what 2013-2014 wasn't it? I wouldn't have had to pay out $300+ in gold myself to be unbanned due to a compromise.

However, this is not actually the case. And trust me when I tell you, I do feel pity for you as you got thrown into someone else's mess as many of us do.

Claiming that the other website (I wont name it for advertisement reasons) is pretty much "responsible" for your accounts well being isn't really all correct as it's down to us as the users of the website to keep our information safe if it be a leak or a leap of faith on guessing your password.

Archived