Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Anti-Ban Advice

SkwishySkript

Hello, I just created a pretty nice Woodcutting script that I'd like to release to the community for FREE, but before I do so I need some advice:

What are some proper ways to implement anti-ban?

- Is randomization really the way to go?

- What is implied by randomization? 

- Random movements of the mouse and camera?

- Using the bank instead of a banker sometimes and vice versa?

- Taking longer breaks at the bank?

- Walking to different game objects or using different paths when walking?

- Logging out and logging back in every so often?

- Taking a quick 5-10 minute break in between botting?

- Accidentally missing the tree for example?

- Accidentally banking the axe as well?

​- Removing and equipping items?

- Not picking up a bird nest every so often for example?

HOW CAN I ADD SMOOTHER MOUSE CLICKS AND CAMERA MOVEMENTS?

HOW CAN I MAKE MY BOTS SEEM MORE ALIVE?

IF SOME IDEAS ARE A BIT TOO FAR FETCHED LET ME KNOW OR ADD ADVICE OF YOUR OWN

FEEDBACK IS SUPER IMPORTANT THANK YOUUUU FOR PARTICIPATING PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP YOU!!!

Sincerely,

abehes

Hello, I just created a pretty nice Woodcutting script that I'd like to release to the community for FREE, but before I do so I need some advice:

What are some proper ways to implement anti-ban?

Is randomization really the way to go?

Taking longer breaks at the bank?

Walking to different game objects or using different paths when walking?

Logging out and logging back in every so often?

Taking a quick 5-10 minute break in between botting?

HOW CAN I ADD SMOOTHER MOUSE CLICKS AND CAMERA MOVEMENTS?

HOW CAN I MAKE MY BOTS SEEM MORE ALIVE?

IF SOME IDEAS ARE A BIT TOO FAR FETCHED LET ME KNOW OR ADD ADVICE OF YOUR OWN

FEEDBACK IS SUPER IMPORTANT THANK YOUUUU FOR PARTICIPATING PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP YOU!!!

Sincerely,

abehes

These are all opinions of mine that some may or may not agree with:

Yes, but I personally wouldn't use it anyway

Randomising how the script works which is pretty difficult since if you write it to do something randomly it still technically does it logically since a computer can't be totally random like a human, it just isn't possible, they are pseudo-random

I wouldn't go this way, it normally becomes too obvious as yes you move the camera every so often but is it really going to look realistic if you feel as though it does go for it

Would say this could be a good idea but using a banker is slightly pointless as you have to right click then bank, or just left click the booth, I would go for the booth 100% of the time but again, up to you

Potentially, however again do you do this normally or is it just trying to think of things that could be realistic

Walking to different game objects or using different paths when walking?#

Different pathing would be good however you will have to make a walking method

Same thing as breaks

Very few almost no one takes a 5-10 minute break when they actually play unless it's like once a week maybe, consistently it does not happen

Yes, humans misclick, this would help if your script misclicked but try not to pattern it.

Since it is logs it's hard to accidentally bank an axe since you just deposit all the logs and then move on (keep in mind people don't actually click the x on the bank and if they do it's not often, they will just click the minimap and get on with it)

While training no one will do this unless it's combat related

I guess this could make sense, if you feel as though you do this when you play do it

Best thing to do is to record your self playing for like half an hour to an hour and watch it back, see what you do and try and match what you did with your script, but not the same thing 100% of the time over and over. Good luck. If I wasn't clear with my points let me know, if you disagree with what I said, do what you think's best it's just my opinion about it. 

These are all opinions of mine that some may or may not agree with:

Yes, but I personally wouldn't use it anyway

Randomising how the script works which is pretty difficult since if you write it to do something randomly it still technically does it logically since a computer can't be totally random like a human, it just isn't possible, they are pseudo-random

I wouldn't go this way, it normally becomes too obvious as yes you move the camera every so often but is it really going to look realistic if you feel as though it does go for it

Would say this could be a good idea but using a banker is slightly pointless as you have to right click then bank, or just left click the booth, I would go for the booth 100% of the time but again, up to you

Potentially, however again do you do this normally or is it just trying to think of things that could be realistic

Walking to different game objects or using different paths when walking?#

Different pathing would be good however you will have to make a walking method

Same thing as breaks

Very few almost no one takes a 5-10 minute break when they actually play unless it's like once a week maybe, consistently it does not happen

Yes, humans misclick, this would help if your script misclicked but try not to pattern it.

Since it is logs it's hard to accidentally bank an axe since you just deposit all the logs and then move on (keep in mind people don't actually click the x on the bank and if they do it's not often, they will just click the minimap and get on with it)

While training no one will do this unless it's combat related

I guess this could make sense, if you feel as though you do this when you play do it

Best thing to do is to record your self playing for like half an hour to an hour and watch it back, see what you do and try and match what you did with your script, but not the same thing 100% of the time over and over. Good luck. If I wasn't clear with my points let me know, if you disagree with what I said, do what you think's best it's just my opinion about it. 

Thanks for the good advice. :) Appreciate it.

I would say you should play legit for a while and just be aware of what you do with your mouse. in general i think yes randomization is good. But take a look at why robots are better than humans. Because they make less mistakes. If you add a certain percentage of error or inefficiency THEN it will look more human.

dont add stupid stuff that doesnt need to be added;

half of your ideas.

the better and more flawless the code, the better you are off, without 'anti-ban', no human really does that, esp while wc'ing or playing in general

dont add stupid stuff that doesnt need to be added;

half of your ideas.

the better and more flawless the code, the better you are off, without 'anti-ban', no human really does that, esp while wc'ing or playing in general

I wouldn't say this is completely accurate. Yes, you want the code to be flawless and concise, but you need to have some sort of 'anti-ban' that alters the way the script performs. No human will ever continue to play at EXACTLY the same efficiency 10, 20, 60 minutes into a task, it just isn't viable. My recommendation is having a system where as the script continues to run there are changes in efficiency, whether that be wait time or another variable you can decide.

I wouldn't say this is completely accurate. Yes, you want the code to be flawless and concise, but you need to have some sort of 'anti-ban' that alters the way the script performs. No human will ever continue to play at EXACTLY the same efficiency 10, 20, 60 minutes into a task, it just isn't viable. My recommendation is having a system where as the script continues to run there are changes in efficiency, whether that be wait time or another variable you can decide.

no because if you have something along the lines of:

case "cameramove":
    move camera
    break

case "hoverskill":
    hover wc xp
    break

case "misclick":
    misclick
    proper click
    break

you are building patterns in your scripts which is the opposite of what you want to do while you bot

Archived