Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Communication between bots

Archangel

Hello,

I started working on fairly big project and I have almost everything figured out but one thing.

Is there a built in method to make two bots communicate with each other? Here's an impractical example: bot 1 picks flax -> tells bot 2 his inventory is full -> bot 2 takes the flax and runs to the bank.

How can bot 1 send the message to bot 2?

The only solution to this that I can think of is setting up a RESTful web service or something similar and then have scripts get or post information there. I would like to hope that there's a better way to solve this. I wouldn't be able to release the script also because then every user would depend on my server.

Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks

have both bots send messages to each other? in a clan chat or just private chat.

Lets say Bot 1 send message by ingame friend message: "Inventory full"

Bot 2 reads the message and a command is activated.

Some scripts out here do this already i believe.

have both bots send messages to each other? in a clan chat or just private chat.

Lets say Bot 1 send message by ingame friend message: "Inventory full"

Bot 2 reads the message and a command is activated.

Some scripts out here do this already i believe.

Yeah I thought of that. I wonder if some scripts have actually implemented this? The only problem might be the fact that jagex can see logs and confirm it's a bot very easily.

Otherwise it would be a really good solution :)

• 3 months later...

There has been mention of methods which are certainly viable, however there's still one that hasn't been touched upon.

You can make bots/scripts communicate to each other by writing a java server. This will require you to know a bit of networking, but it's actually fairly easy.

Clients (bots/script instances) send data over to the java server and vice versa. This is usually the way to go to write your own personal bot managing application.

Google "java networking", "java sockets" and "multithreading". These three should be sufficient to start out with.

If you need a hand on this I'll gladly lend you one. Just chuck me a PM on Discord and we'll go from there :)

There has been mention of methods which are certainly viable, however there's still one that hasn't been touched upon.

You can make bots/scripts communicate to each other by writing a java server. This will require you to know a bit of networking, but it's actually fairly easy.

Clients (bots/script instances) send data over to the java server and vice versa. This is usually the way to go to write your own personal bot managing application.

Google "java networking", "java sockets" and "multithreading". These three should be sufficient to start out with.

If you need a hand on this I'll gladly lend you one. Just chuck me a PM on Discord and we'll go from there :)

I don't think Java servers or other kind of servers are allowed for something like this. It wouldn't be hard for the script writer/server admin to manipulate the server into having other people's bots mule to their account. Of course this is talking about public SDN scripts, personal/private scripts can definitely use this method.

Archived