Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Camera Rotating

Big Buddha

So with this edgeville trapdoor sometimes my script gets stuck on entering the trapdoor because the screen is covered with a brick wall.

I've been trying to rotate the camera whenever this happens but things seem a bit odd.

I've tried:

GameObject trapdoor = getGameObjects.closest("Trapdoor");
    if(!trapdoor.isOnScreen){
    getCamera().mouseRotateToEntity(trapdoor);

No succes because apparently it's already on my screen?

So that means it doesn't have to rotate either.

Another option was that I just added a

getCamera().mouseRotateTo(int, int)

to my loop.

It seems very sketchy to me though and I fear for the ban rate of my script if I'd implement this.

I also tried changing the int to a andom number with:

int + Math.random()*1000

My script is running atm, it's just that it gets stuck sometimes with the camera angle.

If anybody knows how to fix this or has any ideas?

So with this edgeville trapdoor sometimes my script gets stuck on entering the trapdoor because the screen is covered with a brick wall.

I've been trying to rotate the camera whenever this happens but things seem a bit odd.

First of all, i see many people having trouble with "isOnScreen". It's not that hard.. Even if it's behind a wall, but inside the dreambot's viewport (actual game screen), it is on screen.

You are talking about if it's visible. These two things are completely different.

For the following:

to my loop.

It seems very sketchy to me though and I fear for the ban rate of my script if I'd implement this.

int + Math.random()*1000

you can do this:

getCamera().mouseRotateTo(Calculations.random(int,int), Calculations.random(int,int));

//Calculations.random(intA,intB) --- intA = min int, intB = max int --- it will pick a 
    //number between intA and intB.

Solution

The solution lays in the fact of actually clicking the trapdoor. If it's clickable, then continue. If it's not, then rotate camera.

I'm in a hurry so can't help you at the moment, will help you later.

ya, walk to trap door before you click it

I've already walked within distance < 3 of the trapdoor.

First of all, i see many people having trouble with "isOnScreen". It's not that hard.. Even if it's behind a wall, but inside the dreambot's viewport (actual game screen), it is on screen.

You are talking about if it's visible. These two things are completely different.

For the following:

to my loop.

int + Math.random()*1000

you can do this:

getCamera().mouseRotateTo(Calculations.random(int,int), Calculations.random(int,int));

//Calculations.random(intA,intB) --- intA = min int, intB = max int --- it will pick a 
    //number between intA and intB.

Solution

The solution lays in the fact of actually clicking the trapdoor. If it's clickable, then continue. If it's not, then rotate camera.

I'm in a hurry so can't help you at the moment, will help you later.

Cool, I'll check out the API for clickable classes

I've already walked within distance < 3 of the trapdoor.

Cool, I'll check out the API for clickable classes

As far as i'm concerned of, there is nothing like a method to check if it's actually clicked besides just boolean returns.

Maybe the class Interactable with method getClickablePoint() will return you any actual clickable points, and if there aren't it should return null. @Pandemic?

if so:

if(trapdoor.isOnScreen){ //Notice that i removed the "!", because there will only be a clickable point if the entity is visible.
       if(trapdoor.getClickablePoint() != null){
          getMouse().click(trapdoor.getClickablePoint());
       } else {
          //Find the bounds of the X and Y rotation manually when it gets stuck.
    }

:)

As far as i'm concerned of, there is nothing like a method to check if it's actually clicked besides just boolean returns.

Maybe the class Interactable with method getClickablePoint() will return you any actual clickable points, and if there aren't it should return null. @Pandemic?

if so:

if(trapdoor.isOnScreen){ //Notice that i removed the "!", because there will only be a clickable point if the entity is visible.
       if(trapdoor.getClickablePoint() != null){
          getMouse().click(trapdoor.getClickablePoint());
       } else {
          //Find the bounds of the X and Y rotation manually when it gets stuck.
    }

:)

We can't determine if a point is actually clickable, Interactable#getClickablePoint just returns a random point on the model.

We can't determine if a point is actually clickable, Interactable#getClickablePoint just returns a random point on the model.

nice naming :D

so I just rotate the camera everytime I get to a gate or trapdoor?

Archived