Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Scripting support] How do I make my program utilise multiple Java Classes, and how will an if(x.interact"y") help prevent missclicks?

Before

put this in your Main class

private ClasName classname;

public void onStart() {

classname = new ClasName(this);

}

Then to make a new class

public class ClasName {
    AbstractScript s;

public ClasName (AbstractScript ctx) {
    this.s = ctx;
     }
    }

Isn't 'this' of the type main (or whatever your main class is called)?  Can you pass this into a class constructor expecting a AbstractScript?

EDIT:  I ask because i'm trying to do this and my IDE complains...

the key

Isn't 'this' of the type main (or whatever your main class is called)?  Can you pass this into a class constructor expecting a AbstractScript?

EDIT:  I ask because i'm trying to do this and my IDE complains...

The keyword 'this' means an object of the class in which you use this keyword. If you have your class that extends AbstractScript you can pass 'this' to a constructor of some other object that takes an AbstractScript, as in Diddy's example. If you're getting an error make sure that you have the correct spelling and imports.

I think what you are looking for is both what Dreamlicker posted and implementing a type of Node framework (there are already a few posts on the forums about that).

If you want a better understanding of how all that works, from a CS standpoint, you might want to look up Polymorphism and Inheritance.

It is also important to understand how Constructor's work when trying to do all of this. 

Archived