Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I thought accounts didnt get banned on weekends?

leeiskak

I would say it was an IP chain ban, whether it was or not, it was very careless of you to have 4 accounts on the same IP doing the same thing AND suiciding it.

Just FYI everyone, every computer in your network has the same IP address. Your modem receives the IP address and your router accepts connections from all of your devices and then "routes" their traffic through your global IP address. 

Basically, you have 1 IP address for your network (that the world sees).

Anyways, botting 24/hr is risky regardless of when you do it. This is because Jagex can easily log playtimes and view the fact that your accounts have been playing for an extremely unhumanlike time and do extra scans or whatever they do on them.

Just FYI everyone, every computer in your network has the same IP address. Your modem receives the IP address and your router accepts connections from all of your devices and then "routes" their traffic through your global IP address. 

Basically, you have 1 IP address for your network (that the world sees).

Anyways, botting 24/hr is risky regardless of when you do it. This is because Jagex can easily log playtimes and view the fact that your accounts have been playing for an extremely unhumanlike time and do extra scans or whatever they do on them.

Yeah, I was kinda unsure if different devices would have different IP's.

in the Jagex systems they have software that recognizes click patterns and patterns in general and if they repeat for a few hours they can flag/auto ban your account.

Yeah, I was kinda unsure if different devices would have different IP's.

if you have a decent router every time you power it on and off it will change ip's, and to get a different ip on your other computer run a proxy.

in the Jagex systems they have software that recognizes click patterns and patterns in general and if they repeat for a few hours they can flag/auto ban your account.

if you have a decent router every time you power it on and off it will change ip's, and to get a different ip on your other computer run a proxy.

I have quite a few proxies, I use a different proxy for every account :P

I have quite a few proxies, I use a different proxy for every account :P

I was meaning to say that to the creator of this thread...

I was meaning to say that to the creator of this thread...

oh, my bad. Since you quoted my post thought you were saying it to me

IP changes on router reset have nothing to do with the router. Your ISP decides whether or not to issue a new IP address to your modem once it has been reset. 

Just figured I'd clear up some common misconceptions about networking on this thread :P

Archived