Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Free] humblePhlipper: Grand Exchange flipping with automatic item selection (300+ gp/hr, 0 xp/hr)

apnasus

just got back into RS and botting after about 10 years, love the script have always wanted something like this, so far it works great!

I only had 100k starting gold, making roughly 20k-40k/hr (F2p) which is peanuts i know but that brings me to my suggestion.

An option for a growing max bid value, based off your cash stack. based on f2p/members (3-8 buy/sell slots) instead of fixed. 

That would greatly improve profit over time for accounts starting with low capital

Another suggestion is a way to pause/stop the bot where it will sell everything that it still has that its trying to flip for minimum margins so you can stop the script and accurately get a ending proggy

Edited by nethious

2 hours ago, nethious said:

just got back into RS and botting after about 10 years, love the script have always wanted something like this, so far it works great!

I only had 100k starting gold, making roughly 20k-40k/hr (F2p) which is peanuts i know but that brings me to my suggestion.

An option for a growing max bid value, based off your cash stack. based on f2p/members (3-8 buy/sell slots) instead of fixed. 

That would greatly improve profit over time for accounts starting with low capital

I've actually heard this suggestion a couple times and it's something I might implement in the future. For now I would just manually change it to about 1/6 of your starting capital.

Another suggestion is a way to pause/stop the bot where it will sell everything that it still has that its trying to flip for minimum margins so you can stop the script and accurately get a ending proggy

This is already possible, just click pause and then click resume to toggle of bidding. I give a more in depth explanation under the `Features` spoiler in the first post in this thread.

humblePhlipper has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v2.31 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Forgot to actually add the new GUI code

Time since request was made: 7 minutes, 25 seconds

Thanks!

Really appreciate this script and how cool it is!

I was wondering could you clarify what a positive vs negative number means for  "minMargin"?

How do you get this window with Summary etc in a nice visualized way for end results? https://postlmg.cc/Z9Nqrxy5

Not sure if it has been mentioned or even helpful, but would utilizing the "Collect All" button in the GE save some clicks?

Edited by deTalix

2 hours ago, deTalix said:

Really appreciate this script and how cool it is!

Thank you :)

I was wondering could you clarify what a positive vs negative number means for  "minMargin"?

minMargin is the minimum profit margin (Ask - Bid) for selections. If it's positive it means you're only considering currently profitable items. (I put it slightly negative in case an item which ins unprofitable when I make selections turns profitable later on.)

How do you get this window with Summary etc in a nice visualized way for end results? https://postlmg.cc/Z9Nqrxy5

This should just pop up automatically after the end of a session.

v2-1-post-session.gif

If it isn't, check the console log for errors and let me know.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or even helpful, but would utilizing the "Collect All" button in the GE save some clicks?

Heard this suggestion a few times - it would indeed be quicker and mitigate some bugs, but it would make accurately logging trades impossible.

1 hour ago, apnasus said:

This should just pop up automatically after the end of a session.

v2-1-post-session.gif

If it isn't, check the console log for errors and let me know.

Hmm not sure if I've ever seen it after stopping the script, not a big deal if I can't replicate that Summary, was just curious. Here are two recent logs when I've seen the message with an error and to send log:

DreamBot-1706630180872.log DreamBot-1706586366004.log

Another question, is it necessary to click Generate for the "Number of Items to Sale" area or will it auto populate during the script?

Edited by deTalix

Hmm not sure if I've ever seen it after stopping the script, not a big deal if I can't replicate that Summary, was just curious. Here are two recent logs when I've seen the message with an error and to send log:

DreamBot-1706630180872.log 463.9 kB · 0 downloads DreamBot-1706586366004.log 556.23 kB · 0 downloads

There are two things going on here.

The first is a bug that has been reported to me by a couple people: you are failing to save 4hr limits data to your PC because GSON doesn't like dealing with LocalDateTime fields (which record when your 4hr limit updates). This is well documented on the internet and the solution is for me to code a custom TypeAdapter, something I haven't got round to because since this error doesn't actually happen to me, it's not at the top of my personal list of priorities 😕 I'm guessing your DreamBot/Scripts/humblePhlipper/FourHourLimits folder is empty or doesn't even exist? This means FourHourLimits data won't carry between sessions for you. If you start sessions less than 4 hours apart, that might cause problems for the first 4 hours of a session. Within a session, however, FourHourLimits will still be updated (so you can still happily run 24 hour+ long sessions) - they just won't be saved to your machine in case you end your session and want to start another in less than four hours.

The second explains why your post-session GUI is not loading. By the looks of it, you have 8 history files corresponding to 8 sessions saved in DreamBot/Scripts/humblePhlipper/History and all 8 of these contain an error: either there are no trades, or cumulative volume of at least one item does not equal zero - this can happen when you hit stop on the script without letting it sell off all items, something you can avoid by toggling bidding off by clicking pause + resume when you want to end a session prematurely. Because summary/analysis data (total profit, total runtime, total taxes, ...) only uses history files without errors, there is no data to display in the analysis tab and the GUI isn't loading. This is a failure on my part as there is no reason to not show the inspection tab simply because there is no analysis data. It should be an easy fix on my part in a future version.

If you get a session without errors, the post-session GUI should start loading. Alternative put one of my no-error session histories in your DreamBot/Scripts/humblePhlipper/History folder,

2024-01-26T21-18-10.712080.json

Another question, is it necessary to click Generate for the "Number of Items to Sale" area or will it auto populate during the script?

The short answer is no, it is not necessary.

If you start the GUI and load a config with `auto = true` (in the GUI this corresponds to the Auto tab under Selections being selected/open by default), it will generate the items automatically and you can happily click Start.

If, however, `auto = manual` (for instance because you generated some items last time, added some items manually, left the manual tab open, then clicked save) and you click Start, then it will just run with the same items as last time.

Sorry for the essay, tl;dr in red.

Edited by apnasus

Thanks for all the clarification!

Not sure what the problem is and it's hard to see, but the script tries to type in the item for "Falador teleport (tablet)" and can never find it, presses backspace a bunch before going onto the next item. It will repeat this process.  

32 minutes ago, deTalix said:

Thanks for all the clarification!

Not sure what the problem is and it's hard to see, but the script tries to type in the item for "Falador teleport (tablet)" and can never find it, presses backspace a bunch before going onto the next item. It will repeat this process.  

i think someone mentioned this to me a while ago, need to look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)