Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Skills.getRealLevel contains previous level in ExperienceEvent

ink12345

I am writing a script and I want to perform certain actions (change attack styles or equip new gear) when hitting level thresholds.

I have written an ExperienceListener and overridden the onLevelUp method, and am logging the skill along with the level that was reached

class LevelTracker implements ExperienceListener {

@Override
    public void onLevelUp(ExperienceEvent e) {
        log("Leveled up " + e.getSkill().toString() + " to " + Skills.getRealLevel(e.getSkill()));

}

}

However Skills.getRealLevel() always seems to return the previous level rather than the new one.  For example, if I just hit 20 attack, it would log "Leveled up Attack to level 19".

Is this intended? Should I just use Skills.getRealLevel() + 1 for this type of action?

1 hour ago, ink12345 said:

I am writing a script and I want to perform certain actions (change attack styles or equip new gear) when hitting level thresholds.

I have written an ExperienceListener and overridden the onLevelUp method, and am logging the skill along with the level that was reached

class LevelTracker implements ExperienceListener {

@Override
    public void onLevelUp(ExperienceEvent e) {
        log("Leveled up " + e.getSkill().toString() + " to " + Skills.getRealLevel(e.getSkill()));

}

}

However Skills.getRealLevel() always seems to return the previous level rather than the new one.  For example, if I just hit 20 attack, it would log "Leveled up Attack to level 19".

Is this intended? Should I just use Skills.getRealLevel() + 1 for this type of action?

Did you start SkillTracker?

SkillTracker.start(); // Starts tracking all skills
    SkillTracker.start(Skill skillA, Skill skillB,....); // Starts tracking defined Skills

It's possible it's intended, I'm not sure. But instead of doing Skills.getLevel(e.getSkill()) + 1 you should be doing Skills.getLevel(e.getSkill()) + e.getChange() in case you level up multiple levels at once. That's more common in quests, but just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Hashtag said:

It's possible it's intended, I'm not sure. But instead of doing Skills.getLevel(e.getSkill()) + 1 you should be doing Skills.getLevel(e.getSkill()) + e.getChange() in case you level up multiple levels at once. That's more common in quests, but just to be sure.

It's always a good idea to follow best practices, even when they may not seem necessary at first. 👍

Edited by sloppybot

I am not sure what the skill tracker would help with in this situation, even after gaining multiple levels the log message was always the level that was leveled up from.

I implemented it using getRealLevel() + getChange() and it's been working fine that way.  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, ink12345 said:

I am not sure what the skill tracker would help with in this situation, even after gaining multiple levels the log message was always the level that was leveled up from.

I implemented it using getRealLevel() + getChange() and it's been working fine that way.  Thanks!

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was reading the forums while waiting for my taxi to the airport, and I had only gotten 3.5 hours of sleep, which led to me completely misinterpreting the question. Glad you got the help you needed. :)

Edited by sloppybot