Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • The scripting guides skip over importing the methods you will need to complete the tutorial

steven128

I've been following the tutorial but every time I go to run the example I'm greeted with many class errors.

Even the "Running first script" tutorial returns a class error for Logger.log, but that page doesn't tell you to include it at the top.

Is this intended? I've started to work on my own scripts and have to import as I go, but the tutorials aren't even providing a working example without the missing import step. The "Setting Up Your Development Environment" could at the very least guide the user to enable automatic unambiguous importing.

Edited by steven128

I'm well past the starting gun at this point but no, the tutorial shouldn't be providing broken examples without any explanation. They need to be fixed for people who won't be able to figure it out.

7 hours ago, steven128 said:

I'm well past the starting gun at this point but no, the tutorial shouldn't be providing broken examples without any explanation

well past the starting gun? i dont know what that means

the idea that the import is missing from that example and its "broken" is absurd, its not missing it thats just not included in the example same as the class header.

7 hours ago, steven128 said:

They need to be fixed for people who won't be able to figure it out.

if you cant figure out that when you reference another class you have to import it you cant code and you cant script, its over for you.

You're too focused on being hostile instead of taking in what I'm saying.

The sites tutorials are broken. Please tend to them. They do not work. The one thing Tutorials are designed to do these ones don't.

13 minutes ago, steven128 said:

The sites tutorials are broken. Please tend to them. They do not work. The one thing Tutorials are designed to do these ones don't.

they are not broken, the example you followed was not meant to say anything about those imports, its implicit understanding when you have the required knowledge needed for scripting.

Edited by camalCase

I solved it by reading the javadocs and using the function "log(String message)" which seems to be inherited by the AbstractScript class from another base class. So it is available without importing.