Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • New to botting

Khazba

Hey.

New to betting and decided to give dreambot a spin.

I really just wanted someone to give my plan a once over and a thumbs up/down. Suggestions are appreciated.

- Create account with VPN active (it always is)

My VPN provider will assign a new IP every time I turn my PC on, within a certain region.

I'm not sure how happy JAGEX are with this?

- Play tut Island by hand.

- Upgrade to members using a voucher

- Use one of the AIO account builders (I think subs?)

This will all be on a VIP account on a paid for script. 

I dont plan to run many accounts at the same time, the plan is to have a couple of farming accounts set up. 

Mostly for redundancy when one is inevitably banned. 

All of my accounts will be played as a 'main' to some degree once the skills hit a threshold. 

Thoughts? 

1) you can still get banned no matter what so do not bot a account you enjoy playing

2) vpns are okay, not the best for creation bc account locks

3) the region switching could play a part in account locking

Appreciate the reply.

I understand these accounts will likely end up banned at some point. 

My vpn let's me default to a region so region switching shouldn't be an issue. It'll just assign a wide range of ip's from the selected region.

Appreciate the reply.

My vpn let's me default to a region so region switching shouldn't be an issue. It'll just assign a wide range of ip's from the selected region.

Turns out jagex doesn't like my vpn 😅

A follow up question. 

How do you all deal with creating accounts? 

Seems like a real faff having to create a load of email accounts and then likely having an ip/mac registered with the account creation. 

4 hours ago, Khazba said:

Appreciate the reply.

Turns out jagex doesn't like my vpn 😅

A follow up question. 

How do you all deal with creating accounts? 

Seems like a real faff having to create a load of email accounts and then likely having an ip/mac registered with the account creation. 

i think its sometimes easier to buy some bulk level 3 accounts from a region, then just have a VPN rotate from that region. as well, the login email does not have to be real, only the one you want to link it to. its been a while since ive made or bought any, so i cant say how bad locks are at the moment.

Honestly as mentioned before, I would just purchase Handmade Tut/Trade-Unlocked accounts. Usually pretty cheap (~.20 - .60 USD per account). You can find plenty of people selling accounts here on the DB forums.

Also regarding your VPN, you can always just create an account on your mobile phone (not connected to wifi) and then use a SOCKS5 proxy when you open up DB Client. *Once you use a proxy on an account its recommended to not switch between proxies on that account. Plus, try to not have roughly more than 2-3 bots on one proxy just starting out & PLEASE don't use your mule on the same proxy as your bots to help evade bans on your mule. Here is a link to a proxy provider on DB below. If you want more options you can search through the DB forums for them.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Ok this makes no sense to me. What is the benefit of botting if my account will get banned anyways even with using the antiban features in the scripts? Like say I make a bot account and then it gets banned? What the hell is the point? I just recently got perma panned on an account i was planning on getting to 99 mining and smithing and am now in the process for appeal but wow. Can anyone give advice?

Edited by ninjadudeOG

On 10/17/2023 at 1:04 PM, ninjadudeOG said:

Ok this makes no sense to me. What is the benefit of botting if my account will get banned anyways even with using the antiban features in the scripts? Like say I make a bot account and then it gets banned? What the hell is the point? I just recently got perma panned on an account i was planning on getting to 99 mining and smithing and am now in the process for appeal but wow. Can anyone give advice?

It's not that you will get banned, it's more like, you run the risk banned at any time. There's a reason why people say don't bot on an account you can't afford to lose.

If you want advice, the internet is full of that, but everyone has their own opinions and experiences on how to not get banned. In general though if you are trying to bot an account you plan to use normally then I think it's important that you a) don't be greedy (don't bot extreme hours), and b) play the account normally in between botting sessions. Even then, you could still get banned.