Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Backend software engineer wanting to get into OSRS scripting

jhangir

Hi guys, I currently work as a backend software engineer, primarily using Python. I wanted to get back into OSRS and wanted to make my own scripts as a hobby. Wanted to ask what the ban rate is for botting? Assuming minimal botting, 4 hours time max and monitored. Would making my own script reduce the risk of being banned?

Initially I would just make simple scripts like rune crafting, spinning flax, etc.

Depends on what you are doing in game, how good you are with java coding, how much knowledge you have of OSRS, but if you can get a good hang of the API it could be pretty low. Can't give a numeric figure since it depends on how many accounts you run and a lot more factors.

5 hours ago, jhangir said:

Would making my own script reduce the risk of being banned?

Yes, but the ban evasion rabbit hole goes way deeper than is widely acknowledged.

• 1 year later...

The game's systems are pretty robust at detecting irregularities, regardless of the bot's sophistication or how limited the botting time might be. Since you're interested in developing software as a hobby, this could be a great way to sharpen your skills. Crafting your own scripts certainly lets you tailor the functionalities to your needs and could reduce detectability compared to widely used scripts. Just keep in mind, building software ethically is crucial, and ensuring you stay within the game's terms of service will help avoid any issues.

Edited by Veryan