Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Is there something wrong with the client or my VPS?

Dbuffed

Currently for the past 3 and half weeks I have been testing things on/off, first 2 weeks was completely fine.

My accounts I was using did get banned, so week 3 I had to restock (wait for restock) now i'm back for a few days and it seems my clients are just freezing/closing randomly to the point it's almost impossible for me to actually do anything. I have just had a couple of my bots logged on for 17 hours total, making 20k GP per hour, of which should have been 140-200K/hour and that's without taking into consideration it also froze after it dropped so low so idk how long it was gone out for.

Anyone else finding this issue? I spoke to Pand, he said it could be a memory leak or ram issue. I don't understand it as for the first 2 weeks my VPS was running completely fine.

I'm having a similar issue with client freezes, I'd already made a post about a possible memory leak, but no one ever replied.

Mine don't freeze too often though, it seems to usually happen after 20+ hours.

Also doesn't matter what script I'm using. Increasing the allocated ram did seem to help a bit with it, but still getting the occasional freeze.

27 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I'm having a similar issue with client freezes, I'd already made a post about a possible memory leak, but no one ever replied.

Also doesn't matter what script I'm using. Increasing the allocated ram did seem to help a bit with it, but still getting the occasional freeze.

yeah i'm in the same boat, it's really weird all of a sudden happening...

Annoying to say the least, the past 4 days ive been facing this issue since getting stock back, in that time I have made a whopping 14M back on my bonds/accounts etc lol because of all the freezing/closing. At the moment i'm baby sitting them to see where they go, and if any errors happen but even then it's like I have things I need to do and shouldn't be doing this lol.. Annoyed to say the least, especially as someone who is reinvesting back into the website like many others

2 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Was talking to Pand again, and he was mentioning some stuff that makes sense

have you checked your dreambot script logs? It's possible that the issue is due to usage or memory leaks in the scripts, i'm baby sitting a couple of my accounts for a bit right now to see if it changes. I'm going to discuss it further obviously with the scripter(s)/developer(s) to see if we can get to the bottom of it :)

I actually did my original memory leak test with no scripts running to rule out the scripts I was using.

Started up client, minimized, let it sit, and the memory would slowly increase over time until it eventually just froze. :o

How much ram are you allocating to each client? Set mine to 500mb and it's gotten a bit better. Was previously using 350mb.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

35 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I actually did my original memory leak test with no scripts running to rule out the scripts I was using.

Started up client, minimized, let it sit, and the memory would slowly increase over time until it eventually just froze. :o

How much ram are you allocating to each client? Set mine to 500mb and it's gotten a bit better. Was previously using 350mb.

Was minimal originally, then switched to 512 and got exactly the same result. Trying it without rendering on atm to see if there is a difference

20 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I'm doing this test now with a max of 192MB, a couple hours so far running a test script (no functionality, just sits at login page) and I'm not seeing any indications of a leak at all. What kind of time frame was your test for?

21 hours ago, Pandemic said:

I'm doing this test now with a max of 192MB, a couple hours so far running a test script (no functionality, just sits at login page) and I'm not seeing any indications of a leak at all. What kind of time frame was your test for?

It seems to only be when you're doing stuff, @Chuckzoor is on mic to me and is experiencing the same issue (we just upgraded our VPS to another provider etc, so fresh connection)

2 hours ago, Dbuffed said:

It seems to only be when you're doing stuff, @Chuckzoor is on mic to me and is experiencing the same issue (we just upgraded our VPS to another provider etc, so fresh connection)

Which further leans toward it being a script issue :P I think I had that empty script running for a bit over 6 hours and there was no noticeable memory leaks on our end, it actually ended up dropping a few MB by the end.

All of the client logs that you've shown me are showing the JVM running out of memory, which points to either a) your system is running out of available ram or b) the script has a memory leak that eventually eats all of the RAM you're setting in the launcher.

1 hour ago, Pandemic said:

Which further leans toward it being a script issue :P I think I had that empty script running for a bit over 6 hours and there was no noticeable memory leaks on our end, it actually ended up dropping a few MB by the end.

All of the client logs that you've shown me are showing the JVM running out of memory, which points to either a) your system is running out of available ram or b) the script has a memory leak that eventually eats all of the RAM you're setting in the launcher.

If it was in fact 2), then Zawy has just told me to keep reporting to you, and you tell me to report to him so it's sort of like... right... Who is right, who is wrong and where do I go from here then? Because ultimately i'm the consumer like many others and I am not the only one with the issue.