Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DBLauncher Command Line Updates

King Midas

Would be great to add some of these. When run with any of these, ideally I feel there should be no GUI present, that way it can update without a necessary display present.

java -jar DBLauncher.jar -update

Just update the client and immediately close. Give an exit code of 0 if successful, 1 if not. This would allow easier updating of the client. Currently I'm needing to run the launch, sleep for a few seconds and hope it did it's thing, kill it, run it again, parse the logs to see if it's up to date, and then finally proceed with QuickStart via client.jar

java -jar DBLauncher.jar -max-memory=XXX

Update the max-memory preferences. I believe this is stored in DreamBot/BotData/launcher.json although I'm unsure if this is used at all if client is called with QuickStart anyway? But would be nice to be able to set either way.

java -jar DBLauncher.jar -proxy user:pass:1.1.1.1:port -proxy user:pass:1.1.1.1:port

Add all -proxy items to the list; again - appears to be stored in DreamBot/BotData/launcher.json

java -jar DBLauncher.jar -proxy-clear

Remove all proxies stored; again - appears to be stored in DreamBot/BotData/launcher.json

java -jar DBLauncher.jar -anythingelse

Print a help message that states all the command lines able to be passed and some helpful info + examples. States a reminder that with any flags, the GUI will not be displayed (If that's decided to go that route). States a reminder that the QuickLaunch should be used on the client.jar directly and not the launcher. The client is stored at XXXX after the launcher has been run at least once.

You can set max memory with -Xmx256m for 256MB,  -Xmx512m for 512 MB etc

For proxies you can write directly to the launcher.json file and it'll have the same effect

15 minutes ago, SubCZ said:

You can set max memory with -Xmx256m for 256MB,  -Xmx512m for 512 MB etc

For proxies you can write directly to the launcher.json file and it'll have the same effect

Was wondering if Xmx was the same or not; was ambiguous. If running client.jar directly, does it take `DreamBot/BotData/launcher.json` into consideration at all - or is that only used if actually going from the launcher?

Re: Proxies: Sure - Can always write to the file directly, just figured these are small changes that are good for a quality user experience.

Honestly my main desire is the `-update` ; just figured the rest would all be nice as well.

For automatic updates, I check for (OUTDATED) in the window title and handle it from there accordingly. There is really no need to add any new launch functionality that I can see, so far.

1 hour ago, lolwat said:

For automatic updates, I check for (OUTDATED) in the window title and handle it from there accordingly. There is really no need to add any new launch functionality that I can see, so far.

This assumes a window title exists to start. This would allow 100% CLI without an interface (Good for server deployments).

39 minutes ago, King Midas said:

This assumes a window title exists to start. This would allow 100% CLI without an interface (Good for server deployments).

I haven't tested the client without any GUI (such as Linux server or Windows core) so I can't speak for it

We actually already have one command line arg for the launcher "--force-update-only"  which does basically what you describe :)

The rest of them are sort of out of scope in my opinion since most of those options are available via QuickStart to the client directly, the launcher is meant to be used for "casual" users.

10 hours ago, Pandemic said:

We actually already have one command line arg for the launcher "--force-update-only"  which does basically what you describe :)

The rest of them are sort of out of scope in my opinion since most of those options are available via QuickStart to the client directly, the launcher is meant to be used for "casual" users.

Beautiful! Just gave it a try and worked perfect. Could this be added to the documentation?

Fair enough on the rest being out of scope :-) Personally I wouldn't use any of those, just wanted to add some more brainstorming to the mix.