Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Basic TaskScript

ilumoif260

Hello,

I am new to Java (and Dreambot, hi!) but have been developing web for many years so I'm not new to programming. I decided Dreambot was an excellent way to learn some Java and have some fun watching my little bots run around achieving things!

However, I have been searching these forums for 30+ minute now and cannot find an up to date simple TaskScript example. I have found https://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/script/impl/TaskScript.html but I am a little too noob-ish to code from this resource alone. 

My question is, does anyone have a little simple TaskScript example I can view/build upon? I have successfully made a simple bone collector and burier quest using AbstractScript but TaskScript sounds excellent for priority based scripting split into 'tasks'. I have found some advanced TaskScript projects but I think I would learn better trying my hand at a basic example.

Many thanks!

This kind of has a small example of the differences between abstract and task:

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8530-scripting-101/#comment-78769

tbh I had no idea that was a thing until just now haha, I'm using nodes but in an abstract script (basically task script but no priority and I wrote my own get previous node, set node, fail limit, etc.)

Hope this helps! If you want when I'm on pc I'll post an example of what I'm doing, it's probably not ideal but it works for what I'm doing.

Archived