Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Raspberry pi Residential Proxy

GrainOfSand

Hi, I'm having some trouble with my proxy. When I test the proxy, I get a connection no problem. I can use tcpflow and listen on the port, however, when I launch DB client it freezes shortly after. Here is a screenshot that will hopefully plain enough and also the video guide I followed.

I have forwarded the port on my route.

Using Rasppi 4, have installed squid + apache2-utils

FOGLDN proxy tester is showing that the status is OK on proxy.

DB Client works just fine when using no client, however when I use my proxy it stalls as shown by tcpflow...

Pic that hopefully helps a bit

322172357_help(2).thumb.png.04be429b6d141169d0aaec7a266271ec.png

Video

Spoiler

1. If you're setting this all up at the same house as your usual desktop PC you bot on, your IP will be the same and there is no point at all in this method.

2. Looks like squid default configuration is for HTTP proxies, which is needed for "buying Overpriced Retail Shoes Currently On Discount To Be Later Sold For More Than Discount Price But Less Than Original Overpriced Retail Price" on residential IP addresses, or for example selling your IP to sneaker buyers. This is different than SOCKS5 which is what you need for OSRS clients to communicate at all. Dunno about any of the technical stuff but check that this proxy is configured to the SOCKS5 protocol.

13 hours ago, 420x69x420 said:

1. If you're setting this all up at the same house as your usual desktop PC you bot on, your IP will be the same and there is no point at all in this method.

2. Looks like squid default configuration is for HTTP proxies, which is needed for "buying Overpriced Retail Shoes Currently On Discount To Be Later Sold For More Than Discount Price But Less Than Original Overpriced Retail Price" on residential IP addresses, or for example selling your IP to sneaker buyers. This is different than SOCKS5 which is what you need for OSRS clients to communicate at all. Dunno about any of the technical stuff but check that this proxy is configured to the SOCKS5 protocol.

1. I am planning to set up rotating residential proxies in the future.

2. Thank you for the example, I will look into SOCKS5 protocol :)

13 hours ago, Pandemic said:

Hey there, the proxy must be of the SOCKS type, not HTTP(S).

Thank you, will work on that :)

• 4 months later...

Free proxy servers are an insecure, slow tool that can shut down at any time or lead to your account being blocked. They are suitable only for short-term use for personal purposes. If you need a reliable server without failures and high ping, choose paid proxies. This way, you will protect your computer/phone from hacker attacks and viruses, as well as from blocking your accounts. That's why I went the right way and buy residential proxy. Now I have no doubts about the safety of using my devices. Good luck and success to you!

Archived