Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • First DB Script Log: Character Starter

trtl

Hey there guys,

First off, I just want to say I absolutely love how you guys have this bot setup. Reminds me of how American Bot/Abot was setup for RSC back when I used to script, before Jagex defected to the dark side of real-time combat instead of the superior turn-based style.

It seems like it would be fun to script for so I'm going to start, with a basic "Character Starter" script to learn how to do things.

My current plan is to start when the name/design window is closed: so the script will complete tutorial island, and then complete either the Combat or the Skiller Adventure Path depending on the choice made in the UI. I have some longer term plans that should be pretty entertaining to build and see in-game as well, although I'm sure if I do get to that it will be a ways away. Everything I currently plan on doing is for fun and not to profit or sell anything.

I'm going to use this topic to log my first script journey, also might help other newbies.

If you're a more experienced scripter, what are the top 3 things you most feel someone in my position should be aware of?

Archived