Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Extreme Lag from client start to in-game - Help

chief jojo

Just downloaded Dreambot and added JDK 8 to my mac. (looking to get back in osrs)

Anyways, as soon as i launch the client everything is super laggy and impossible to play from start to finish. Each click is delayed by at least 15 seconds.

I've experienced no serious lag on any other client or anything regarding my internet.

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Royboy said:

Same man. Extreme lag while other processes run smooth.

Running MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015. 

2,5 GHz I7, 16GB DDR3, dedi GPU

14 hours ago, tomynhors said:

I'm experiencing something similar 😕 

On 11/11/2020 at 12:31 AM, chief jojo said:

Just downloaded Dreambot and added JDK 8 to my mac. (looking to get back in osrs)

Anyways, as soon as i launch the client everything is super laggy and impossible to play from start to finish. Each click is delayed by at least 15 seconds.

I've experienced no serious lag on any other client or anything regarding my internet.

Any suggestions?

What have you guys set your ram to on dblauncher?

13 hours ago, purepanic said:

What have you guys set your ram to on dblauncher?

256MB all the way up to 1GB; I don't think this is a RAM issue, though. When I hover the control buttons (start script, settings, etc), it refreshes and runs normally for a couple of seconds, but as soon as I hover the client window, it freezes again. It also refreshes whenever I minimize it or switch apps - looks like a different type of issue to me. 

I'm on OS X 10.14 

50 minutes ago, tomynhors said:

256MB all the way up to 1GB; I don't think this is a RAM issue, though. When I hover the control buttons (start script, settings, etc), it refreshes and runs normally for a couple of seconds, but as soon as I hover the client window, it freezes again. It also refreshes whenever I minimize it or switch apps - looks like a different type of issue to me. 

I'm on OS X 10.14 

2 hours ago, Royboy said:

Tried from 256MB all the way to 1GB. (256-512-etc)

FPS is steady on 30 somehow but the game has an actual 0.1FPS. 

Thats really weird,  I dont have an apple device, but ive seen some other people talking about it. If this many people are having problems you might want to talk to ask around for other mac users to see if they fixed this.

Sorry I couldn't help that much :(

Maybe a temporary solution for anyone:

In the meantime I use Parallels as virtual machine and run DB like usual. The software is quite pricey but the average pirate should be able to find it for free :)

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Archived