Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • error handling

Gorn

How do you handle client throwing an error generally?

I'm looking for some boolean or something that activates when there is any error.

I'm getting an "[ERROR]16:11:30: You're checking a null tile!" error that doesn't give any more info (like what tile, which line) but I want the bot to just to reset when there is any error.

Hey dude, you need to handle your null checks within the script, so for example i guess you are doing the following?

getWalking.walk({SOME_TILE})

You need to make sure {SOME_TILE} is not null before calling walk:

if({SOME_TILE} != null)
    	getWalking.walk({SOME_TILE});

this will stop your script from crashing. i wouldnt advise wrapping your script in a try/catch but rather handle the nulls an errors correctly within the script :)

thx, you're right it should be fixed with a null check

currently I can't replicate the error and it didn't say the line that caused it

but I still feel like implementing some sort of 'last resort' error check. like if I let it run over night and it stops from some phantom error (it's probaly from my super convoluded custom 'anti-ban') it could just log out and switch to different account, but it's not a priority now anyway

I mean I could have definetly avoided the error in the first place by being more disciplined about the null checks, unfortunetly I usually only add them after the error pops up, maybe it will show the line if I start the client through console

If you use eclipse, you can Right click your project -> "Run As" -> "Boot - org.dreambot"

Doing this provides you with a console that will give more info about NPEs etc.

Archived