Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Handling Zoom in Tutorial Island

boblemao1

I'm having trouble getting my tutorial island script to talk to the guide at the very beginning. I know that this is because the client is stuck in resizable mode and because of that conventional methods cannot be used.

I've tried the following two ways to fix this:

Dealing with Resizable Window in Tutorial Island

Nuclear Tut Island

These don't work. I've tried on multiple accounts to get them to work and they don't.

After investigating, I believe its because the client does not start off in an acceptable zoom state, since if I manually get the getExactZoomValue around 800 using my mouse, it works consistently. This is problematic since the methods I see mentioned on the forum that use the GUI to reset zoom obviously can't be used at this stage in the quest, the setDefaultZoom function just doesn't work, and using zoomWhile to try and get the required getExactZoomValue also  does nothing. I'm completely stuck right now, I can't for the life of me consistently click this guide and I've seen no updated method to do so on this forum. Anyone have a solution or revised method to dealing with the guide?

14 hours ago, boblemao1 said:

I'm having trouble getting my tutorial island script to talk to the guide at the very beginning. I know that this is because the client is stuck in resizable mode and because of that conventional methods cannot be used.

I've tried the following two ways to fix this:

Dealing with Resizable Window in Tutorial Island

Nuclear Tut Island

These don't work. I've tried on multiple accounts to get them to work and they don't.

After investigating, I believe its because the client does not start off in an acceptable zoom state, since if I manually get the getExactZoomValue around 800 using my mouse, it works consistently. This is problematic since the methods I see mentioned on the forum that use the GUI to reset zoom obviously can't be used at this stage in the quest, the setDefaultZoom function just doesn't work, and using zoomWhile to try and get the required getExactZoomValue also  does nothing. I'm completely stuck right now, I can't for the life of me consistently click this guide and I've seen no updated method to do so on this forum. Anyone have a solution or revised method to dealing with the guide?

did you disable the zoom solver before running my code?

3 hours ago, m4rr3co said:

did you disable the zoom solver before running my code?

Ah looks like I didabled the RESIZABLE_DISABLER but not the ZOOM_SOLVER. Looks like it's working consistently now. Thanks!

Archived