Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Scripting questions

aceojack

Hi guys!

I have spent around 2 weeks developing a runecrafting script that allows me to craft runes at the earth alter near varrock east bank. I have almost completely finished the script and was about to test it with Hastag's Muling script when I got banned. I had not tested the script for more than an hour at a time, had purchased a proxy and had some minimal anti-ban in there. I just have a few questions which will determine whether I continue to script or not.

1: Do test accounts often get banned when developing scripts scripts?

I found it weird how my script got banned and I am not sure how to make it much better than it already is. I was hoping to be able to run it for at least like 30 hours before it got banned or is that too hopeful?

2: My script is rather basic in terms of the use of the Java language (I am rather new to Java and just use 'if' statements to determine actions)

I saw Hashtag's tutorial on Abstractscript vs Taskscript and I just used abstract becasue it was easier and more applicable for the bot I was developing

3: Is it better to make a gold farming bot for f2p or p2p?

I feel like f2p is much harder now with the restrictions but I don't want to keep purchasing bonds until I have enough gold to purchase them in game.

4: What is the best system/method to set up a 10 bot gold farm?

My plan was to use the script I was developing to make a 10 bot gold farm that auto-muled and I could sell the gold bi-weekly however the accounts I use for testing developing scripts get banned incredibly quickly. I can't imagine it would be player reports cause I don't script where players are or where it is noticeable so I am convinced it is the automatic detection. I am using proxies from Blazingproxies which was recommended by other botters

5: Is it worth to invest into a 10 bot, botfarm and what suggestions do you guys have for me?

I just can't seem to find success in any type of scripting I am doing. I started by using free scripts and got banned fast. I used premium scripts and got banned fast. I create my own scripts and still get banned even on proxies and with some small anti-ban. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thank you and any other suggestions I will happily take. Any criticism is also welcome whether that be harsh or not. I love the scripting communty but it's not viable unless I can soon find some success.

1 hour ago, aceojack said:

ter to make a gold farming bot for f2p or p2p?

I feel like f2p is much harder now with the restrictions but I don't want to keep purchasing bonds until I have enough gold to purchase them in game.

4: What is the bes

Hi Aceojack,

Did you happen to get banned on Saturday (May 30th) as well? I had been running a couple of free scripts for maybe an hour or two throughout the day for a week or two. I was watching these scripts and even completed the random mini games that came up myself. In between that, I was actually playing, doing quests, etc. My account was still banned too. The "evidence" was: Evidence Type: Jagex Moderator Comment.

I hit the appeal button to see if they come back with anything. 

Best,

tranq.

10 hours ago, tranquilabys said:

Hi Aceojack,

Did you happen to get banned on Saturday (May 30th) as well? I had been running a couple of free scripts for maybe an hour or two throughout the day for a week or two. I was watching these scripts and even completed the random mini games that came up myself. In between that, I was actually playing, doing quests, etc. My account was still banned too. The "evidence" was: Evidence Type: Jagex Moderator Comment.

I hit the appeal button to see if they come back with anything. 

Best,

tranq.

I got banned on 1st of June and yes I got banned with the same evidence type. Maybe there is a new wave of moderators? I'm not very sure

9 hours ago, Aeglen said:

1) Testing on my main has been perfectly fine for small things.

What small tests and scripts have you used and how do you like to script? As in, do you have just one "main" file that is run or do you use nodes and other files. Do you also just have a list of "if" statements that is run or is there another way of writing a script that makes it easier/better? Sorry for the list of questions. Thank you

11 hours ago, aceojack said:

What small tests and scripts have you used and how do you like to script? As in, do you have just one "main" file that is run or do you use nodes and other files. Do you also just have a list of "if" statements that is run or is there another way of writing a script that makes it easier/better? Sorry for the list of questions. Thank you

I mean "main" as in main account but you probably got that, anyways to answer this question my first script extended AbstractScript and my second is extending TaskScript. I prefer the second, but the first might be good for smaller scripts. 

Archived