Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Array?

trekarcher

Hi I am new to coding in Java and I am using OSRS to teach myself to code. This is probably  a very stupid question / easy to answer but I have so far not been able to find a solution but I think the soloution is an array but maybe it isn't anyway please help I really appreciate it.

As part of my script I want to deposit everything in the bank apart from a fly fishing rod and feathers. The work around I have for this is as follows

getBank().depositAllExcept(309,314);

For my other scripts I use a variable e.g

getBank().depositAllExcept(PICKAXE);

which is linked to     public static final int PICKAXE = 1271;

Because their are two items I cant make a variable for 309, 314.

I was wondering if someone could help me with the correct code so that I can have something like

getBank().depositAllExcept(FishEquipment);

FishEquipment = 309,314

you can use lambda expression for that, idk if it's the most efficient, but it works quite well for me:

while(getBank().deposit(item -> item != null && !item.getName().contains(" rod") && item.getName().equals("Feather")));

something like this

1 hour ago, m4rr3co said:

you can use lambda expression for that, idk if it's the most efficient, but it works quite well for me:

while(getBank().deposit(item -> item != null && !item.getName().contains(" rod") && item.getName().equals("Feather")));

something like this

Generally using a while loop is bad practice, and I wouldn't recommend it here. In terms of depositing you could simply define an array of items you wish to bank and iterate through them depositing those that exist. Something like this should suffice: 

For (Item item : inventoryItems) {

For (string itemName : item List) {

If (item! = null and item.getName().equals(itemName)) {

//do actions

Excuse the formatting/Pseudo code, written in the chat box just to try and give you an idea.

30 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

Generally using a while loop is bad practice, and I wouldn't recommend it here. In terms of depositing you could simply define an array of items you wish to bank and iterate through them depositing those that exist. Something like this should suffice: 

//do actions

Excuse the formatting/Pseudo code, written in the chat box just to try and give you an idea.

yea, the use of "while" isn't the best... i agree

36 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

//do actions

sorry for multiple replies, but i can't edit my last post...

the problem with your solution is that it doesn't solve the general situation of a random item inside the inventory... with this in mind, inside of an onLoop method, we could do:

if(getInventory().contains(item -> item != null && !item.getName().equals("Feather") &&
                    !item.getName().contains(" rod"))) {
                getBank().depositAllExcept(item -> item != null && !item.getName().equals("Feather") &&
                        !item.getName().contains(" rod"));
            }

still, i haven't tested this, but it would deposit everything except what OP wants to keep... what about this one?

1 hour ago, m4rr3co said:

sorry for multiple replies, but i can't edit my last post...

the problem with your solution is that it doesn't solve the general situation of a random item inside the inventory... with this in mind, inside of an onLoop method, we could do:

if(getInventory().contains(item -> item != null && !item.getName().equals("Feather") &&
                    !item.getName().contains(" rod"))) {
                getBank().depositAllExcept(item -> item != null && !item.getName().equals("Feather") &&
                        !item.getName().contains(" rod"));
            }

still, i haven't tested this, but it would deposit everything except what OP wants to keep... what about this one?

He can simply inverse the logic of what I posted to do what he's trying to achieve.

19 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

He can simply inverse the logic of what I posted to do what he's trying to achieve.

yea, totally... but what you think about the last solution i sent? trying to learn here

Archived