Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Cant get it to Launch

aaronwright60

Not really enough information to tell you the exact solution you need but ill just shotgun a few out there for ya...

1.) Do you have Java 8 or other version of Java installed?

- If Java 8 is not installed install it!  Just Google "Java 8 download" and selected the correct version for you.

- If Java 8 is installed along with other versions uninstall the other versions.

2.) If Java 8 is installed run JarFix (Google it)

3.) Delete the DreamBot folder found under C:\Users\%username% then rerun DBLauncher.jar

4.) Be sure your anti virus isn't being retarded (Google how to check this depending on your AV)

If none of those work just lmk and I can look deeper into it but those are some general first steps I usually take when I have trouble or what I will suggest to users whom are also having trouble. 

Make sure you're on Java 8.

What happens after you double click the .jar?

Try running it via command line, and post any debug info that shows up.

9 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

Not really enough information to tell you the exact solution you need but ill just shotgun a few out there for ya...

1.) Do you have Java 8 or other version of Java installed?

- If Java 8 is not installed install it!  Just Google "Java 8 download" and selected the correct version for you.

- If Java 8 is installed along with other versions uninstall the other versions.

2.) If Java 8 is installed run JarFix (Google it)

3.) Delete the DreamBot folder found under C:\Users\%username% then rerun DBLauncher.jar

4.) Be sure your anti virus isn't being retarded (Google how to check this depending on your AV)

If none of those work just lmk and I can look deeper into it but those are some general first steps I usually take when I have trouble or what I will suggest to users whom are also having trouble. 

I have checked all of above and still nothing, I get to the point where i press Launch Client but then it closes and nothing else happens 

Double-check that you have only 'Java 8' installed and try to run client/launcher using a command line like YohoJo recommended

Java version check via Powershell 

• Get-Command java | Select-Object Version
    • Get-ChildItem "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty pschildname -Last 1

Java version check via CMD (Command Prompt)

• cmd /c "java -version 2>&1"

Running client/launcher via Powershell

• java -jar C:\users\$env:username\Dreambot\Botdata\client.jar (Client)
    • java -jar C:\users\$env:username\desktop\DBLauncher.jar (DBLauncher if located at desktop)

Running client/launcher via CMD (Command Prompt)

• java -jar C:\users\%username%\DreamBot\BotData\client.jar (Client)
    • java -jar C:\users\%username%\desktop\DBLauncher.jar (DBLauncher if located at desktop)

On 4/3/2019 at 1:06 AM, aaronwright60 said:

I have checked all of above and still nothing, I get to the point where i press Launch Client but then it closes and nothing else happens 

Try lowering the ram that you're giving in the launcher.

Archived