Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
  • RUNESCAPE ACCOUNT LOCK


    Bell
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    I see a lot of people saying that there account is getting locked while on VPN or proxy.

     

    The reason why Jagex holds the original IP on the account, when it sees the different IP it will lock it no matter what. 

     

    Easiest way to unlock it sign into the account with the wrong password and hit forget my password and send the email and change the password. Simple. If you need help reply to this. Upvote if it helped. I'll help as much as possible

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 hours ago, Bell said:

    I see a lot of people saying that there account is getting locked while on VPN or proxy.

     

    The reason why Jagex holds the original IP on the account, when it sees the different IP it will lock it no matter what. 

     

    Easiest way to unlock it sign into the account with the wrong password and hit forget my password and send the email and change the password. Simple. If you need help reply to this. Upvote if it helped. I'll help as much as possible

    You will only get locked if you use a client that is not recognized, like a botting client. If you log in from another ip from another country but you're using rs client or osbuddy you will be fine.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, ozeki6 said:

    You will only get locked if you use a client that is not recognized, like a botting client. If you log in from another ip from another country but you're using rs client or osbuddy you will be fine.

    IPs have a roll in it as well. Trust me I tried this all out. Same client different IP got locked.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    59 minutes ago, Bell said:

    IPs have a roll in it as well. Trust me I tried this all out. Same client different IP got locked.

    If I log in using runelite, rs buddy or the the official runescape client my accounts don't get locked. However, if I do the same using a botting client they will. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.