Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Long time, no see

Zenarchist

Hey guys! Just dropping in to pay my respects to the community and reminisce a little :D 

I'm an old-school veteran botter from Classic's days. I ran by the name punKrockeR back then (or Honour in-game before I received my first chain permaban in the mass ban of 2004), and I used to be heavily involved in the bot-making and scripting community during the RSCheatNet era.

I remember the first time I stumbled across the Java tutorial forum, much like what you have here, and began learning Java just to make scripts for bots. I never imagined where those skills would take me in life haha. At the time I just wanted to train my pkers without getting carpal tunnel, but over time programming became a passion for me and I have been a coding nerd ever since.

I saw some pretty crazy shit happen over the years I was involved, including the infamous party hat dupe by Sixfeetunder with Autorune and the birth of the very first RSC & OSRS private servers. I even got caught up in a personal legal dispute at one point with Jagex and Andrew Gower's lawyers over copyright infringement lol. Good times...

Here's a trippy concept to think about now as modern botters - back when they introduced sleeping word captchas and fatigue to RS classic as a means to hinder macroers, fellow botters actually had to sit around and type each other's sleep words. The program was called SleepWalker if I remember right. It was created by Kaitnieks, the legend who made SCAR (the first RS color bot), and you got points for every word you typed. Then when you went AFK other people would type your sleep words when your bot slept until you ran out of points (this was before OCRs were effective).

It blows my mind how far botting has come since those days, back then all we did was deobfuscate the mudclient and hack the source code directly (after hours and hours of code refactoring and variable renaming). There was no need to do anything more complex, bot detection back then was laughable! I am impressed with the complexity of bots now, and I look forward to tinkering around with the Dreambot API and hopefully coming up with some cool unique & useful scripts :) 

It has been many years since I last botted on RS, but I am still an active coder and have been developing Java programs for over 10 years now, most recently for the financial and cryptocurrency markets. So I look forward to bringing some of the skills I've learned over the years to OSRS and challenging myself to create sophisticated scripts for fun. I am super rusty with RS and botting in general, but I'll pick it up over the next few weeks of experimenting I'm sure!

See you guys around 😎

Regards,

Matt / "punKrockeR" / Honour

PS. Don't tease me for my original alias, I was 14 back then 😂

Thanks a lot everyone! Glad to be here :) it's ridiculously nostalgic messing around with this API, I love it :D if the bots back in the day could do what this bot can do Andrew Gower would've had a nervous breakdown haha.

Archived