Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Most amount of time to "safely" bot?

fidgetwhistle

Hi, i've never created a green dragon killing bot before but I want to try it out. I have 3 accounts going that i made a little bit ago, and i don't want to get them banned (i want em to make me some mills before they get banned). How many hours a day can a green dragon bot safely bot. I'm thinking like 2-3?

THanks for input

Unfortunately there's no such thing as botting safe.

Some people get banned after botting for three hours, others take month before getting banned.

Yep, i've had several accounts banned after botting around 3 hours whilst I hear others have botted for 10+ hours a day and still aren't banned.

2 hours ago, Aivoc said:

Yep, i've had several accounts banned after botting around 3 hours whilst I hear others have botted for 10+ hours a day and still aren't banned.

I've botted for 10+ hours multiple times per week without ban, all on the same account. I think it really depends on what you are botting, something like green dragons are a heavily botted area so I can't imagine you would get away with much more than 3 Hours.

This is all a personal anecdote, I could easily just be one of the lucky few.

I created an account that was 3 days old, and botted about 40 hours on it total, it was banned in 3 days basically, for almost botting 12-15 hours each day.

I'd say it depends on three factors:

1. Script / Category Type: Are you botting something with a high amount of rewards? (I.E. Pest Control, Wintertodt, etc.) - These are targeted more than less "reward-worthy" scripts. Does your script have proper anti-bans that are occasional and can somewhat 'mimic' human-like behavior?
    2. Day / Hour: Are you botting during the week day or week end? Are you doing it for the same amount of time always? Variation is key in not being detected as a bot, because a legitimate player doesn't get up and play RuneScape from 9-5 like a normal job.
    3. Account Age / Attributes: Fresh accounts are unarguably really easy to get banned, especially if you suicide them after account creation. Do they have quests completed? Are they doing different "tasks" every now and then?

9 hours ago, ahow said:

I've botted for 10+ hours multiple times per week without ban, all on the same account. I think it really depends on what you are botting, something like green dragons are a heavily botted area so I can't imagine you would get away with much more than 3 Hours.

This is all a personal anecdote, I could easily just be one of the lucky few.

I've been doing some trial and error but I have not come to a conclusion as of yet,  the problem could well be that I'm running the bot in a heavily botted area like you are saying.

4 days ago I created and ran 2 bots, used a script to complete the tutorial island and then ran a script that collects bones around the lumby area for 3 hours, both bots were in the same word. Both banned the next day.

Yesterday I created 2 more bots,  I used the script to complete the tutorial island for one of them and did the other one manually, to see if they are getting flagged in the island itself, also this time they were in two different worlds. They ran for 2:30 hours. Both were banned this morning. 

Getting back to your post, I'd say there is probably a bit of luck that is factored but the majority of it is something else since I'm consistently getting bad results. 

3 hours ago, Aivoc said:

the problem could well be that I'm running the bot in a heavily botted area

used a script to complete the tutorial island

collects bones around the lumby area

I used the script to complete the tutorial island 

I left the keywords @Aivoc that are important

One thing I noticed that helped more than anything else with reducing ban rate was to never bot the same thing for more than 2-3 hours at a time, and to always switch it up between at least 2 different high quality scripts. So basically bot for 2-3 hours using one script, then take a short break before botting for 2-3 hours using a different script for a different skill. I've botted upwards of 12 hours a day using this method without any bans, but I also was using good scripts.

2 hours ago, distraction said:

One thing I noticed that helped more than anything else with reducing ban rate was to never bot the same thing for more than 2-3 hours at a time, and to always switch it up between at least 2 different high quality scripts. So basically bot for 2-3 hours using one script, then take a short break before botting for 2-3 hours using a different script for a different skill. I've botted upwards of 12 hours a day using this method without any bans, but I also was using good scripts.

I see, thank you. And also thank you everyone else for your input! 

Archived