Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • TaskScript nodes

qwAQ

32 minutes ago, qwAQ said:

Thank you for the detailed description!

You're welcome ^.^ check the examples above as they should be easier... I stopped using that style once I mastered my way through DB's Task system though.

3 minutes ago, Bmc said:

because the tasks are self compartmentalized, you can run these like plug and play modules in any script, so if you build up a library of them big enough, you've got a lot of tools at your disposal.

You can just pass a reference of the script to the node like I've shown above and  get a much simpler modular task file with the same functions/variables access level

3 minutes ago, zScorpio said:

You can just pass a reference of the script to the node like I've shown above and you've got a much simpler modular task file with the same functions/variables access level

Sure, and to each their own, certainly. This is just an extention of me trying to optimize my workflow, I have templates for these tasks and script entrypoints that I load and 90% of the scripting work is done for me, I can just write the validation and execution logic, add the tasks, and have a working script up and running very quickly. Plus I like building pointless code libraries. It's fun for me to be able to build up something.

4 minutes ago, Bmc said:

Sure, and to each their own, certainly. This is just an extention of me trying to optimize my workflow, I have templates for these tasks and script entrypoints that I load and 90% of the scripting work is done for me, I can just write the validation and execution logic, add the tasks, and have a working script up and running very quickly. Plus I like building pointless code libraries. It's fun for me to be able to build up something.

I'm a fan of your work up there actually, I just believe it's more complicated than it should be ^.^

I have something pretty similar except I'm using dreambot's task system instead of my own.

7 hours ago, Bmc said:

@qwAQ I did something like this in the (very early version of) McLib. can check out the sourcet here if you'd like:

https://github.com/bmckalip/McScripts/tree/release/McLib

I had already begun re-writing the script using nodes, so felt a little annoying to re-re-write. However, I checked the implementation and it looks like a solid ground. I might use it in my future scripts, thanks :)

Archived