Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • TaskNode vs TaskScript? Optimization?

dominospizza

What is better for bigger scripts? I was using AbstractScript for some time, but then switched over to TaskScript because it felt more modular and easier to scale. However the CPU is taking up 10% and RAM reached about 800MB. Is this normal for botting?

Edit: Sorry I meant AbstractScript vs TaskScript!

TaskNode are the nodes of the scripts ie BankNode WalkNode SpinNode

Whereas TaskScript is the Main part of your script where you would have the onPaint onStart and add the nodes. 

So they are essentially together. 

Are you trying to ask the difference between AbstractScript and TaskScript by any chance?

TaskNode are the nodes of the scripts ie BankNode WalkNode SpinNode

Whereas TaskScript is the Main part of your script where you would have the onPaint onStart and add the nodes. 

So they are essentially together. 

Are you trying to ask the difference between AbstractScript and TaskScript by any chance?

Woops that's what I meant sorry!

Which is better optimized?

Woops that's what I meant sorry!

Which is better optimized?

AbstractScript then for easier multiclassing use a Node Framework.

Heres a tutorial, I would recommend watching all of them, but you only really need the 4th one to understand nodes. 

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/13077-videobeginner-to-advanced-scripting-tutorials/ 

AbstractScript then for easier multiclassing use a Node Framework.

Heres a tutorial, I would recommend watching all of them, but you only really need the 4th one to understand nodes. 

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/13077-videobeginner-to-advanced-scripting-tutorials/ 

How is that better optimized :o , tutorial #4 seems to be doing the same thing that TaskScript / TaskNodes are meant to do; just without priority queues.

How is that better optimized :o , tutorial #4 seems to be doing the same thing that TaskScript / TaskNodes are meant to do; just without priority queues.

Pretty much TaskScript is based on AbstractScript (it extends abstract script), but it gives you the ability to use nodes, but it also passes an instance and registers the context for each of the nodes, whereas using nodes you're referencing the Main script part and doing actions accordingly. 

Kind of hard to explain, but pretty much with taskscript each node has it's own instance of the script from what I understand. 

Code that TaskScript uses for creating each node if you're curious, but making your own nodes will be more efficient (likely won't make a huge difference), but more importantly it gives you more functionality in making the script.

var5.passInstance(this.getClient().getInstance());

var5.registerContext(this.getClient());

From my experience I used abstract script with a custom Abstract Node class for my nodes, but i actually found that using TaskScript/TaskNode actually used less CPU and RAM.

Archived