Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Will not launch on Mac / blank screen

Xykran

I'm trying to launch DreamBot but it just won't seem to load? I'm on a 2017 MBP & running High Sierra.

If I try to launch just by opening it, it says "The Java JAR file "DBLauncher.jar" could not be launched.

This is what terminal is telling me when 'java -jar' is used to launch:

Desktop rekd$ java -jar /Users/rekd/Desktop/DBLauncher.jar 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end -1, length 2

at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(String.java:3107)

at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1873)

at org.dreambot.launcher.LauncherMethods.getJavaVersion(LauncherMethods.java:94)

at org.dreambot.ui.DreamLauncherUI.initComponents(DreamLauncherUI.java:66)

at org.dreambot.ui.DreamLauncherUI.<init>(DreamLauncherUI.java:52)

at org.dreambot.launcher.DreamLauncher.generateLauncherUI(DreamLauncher.java:26)

at org.dreambot.launcher.DreamLauncher.main(DreamLauncher.java:17)

Any input would be great, I don't want to use OSBot  :( 

I'm trying to launch DreamBot but it just won't seem to load? I'm on a 2017 MBP & running High Sierra.

If I try to launch just by opening it, it says "The Java JAR file "DBLauncher.jar" could not be launched.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end -1, length 2

at org.dreambot.launcher.LauncherMethods.getJavaVersion(LauncherMethods.java:94)

at org.dreambot.launcher.DreamLauncher.generateLauncherUI(DreamLauncher.java:26)

Most common problem is using Java 9 as Dreambot can't go past Java 8. Not sure if that's the issue though :(

If your on Java 9 you can run it with client.jar

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/14224-java-troubleshooting-mac-users-java-9-to-java-8/

Most common problem is using Java 9 as Dreambot can't go past Java 8. Not sure if that's the issue though :(

Ended up uninstalling and re-installing only Java 8, finally opened and allowed me to input my proxy - but past that, no gui. Thank you

Thank you very much, this got me fully into the program. I appreciate it!! Seems to be working fine as long as I launch using 'java -jar' launch in terminal.

Ended up uninstalling and re-installing only Java 8, finally opened and allowed me to input my proxy - but past that, no gui. Thank you

Thank you very much, this got me fully into the program. I appreciate it!! Seems to be working fine as long as I launch using 'java -jar' launch in terminal.

Just an edit; everything works fine, except that the login button doesn't seem to do anything. I tried closing it & just using it, but where the game should be, it's just a blank blue screen..?

Just an edit; everything works fine, except that the login button doesn't seem to do anything. I tried closing it & just using it, but where the game should be, it's just a blank blue screen..?

Glad the guide could help you out with Mac. If you have a screenshot I probably could figure it out as ive spent countless hours to finally fix the client on MacBook myself. The guides for MacBook on dreambot are pretty limited as well, glad you didn't go to osbot their client is bad lol.

Archived