Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Java troubleshooting Mac users java 9 to java 8

Rebecca631

DB guide macbook

My personal experience in fixing java on MacBook. Please use other sources along with this method to help you if your using a MacBook. No other guides have been able to fix my problem so I thought id share.

Terminal checking your java and javac

94128c268d60d32457e8269c712a6e1d.png

java -version

Enter

Javac -version

Enter

This will show your current java and javac version. You want to have java 8 which is compatible with dreambot. I downgraded from java 9 to java 8. 

How do I know if i'm using java 9 with dreambot?

The paints, quickstart, mouse hover, keyboard, mouse options are usually bugged when using java 9 with dreambot. Check terminal to verify using the commands above, java 9 only launches dreambot when you use client.jar on Mac.

You can use terminal to delete your jdk and Jre. Make sure to replace the sudo command with the appropriate jdk and jre java version you are trying to remove. The terminal did not help me delete my java completely.

sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/

sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

Look in finder to delete any java 9 jdk and jre hiding on your Mac system. 

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/

91cffc72ab347dd61cb4a6d030991b32.png

e68ef6c9b4fdcfe3af6f80b9b958ccd5.png

Above is the library where I had to delete a jdk and jre 9 file that I couldn’t find for months and this fixed my problem.

/Library/Internet Plug-ins/

c00551f01a2ad619a47463d6a6af9ec4.png

d132196fd2a0964ec7c09d81ddeaddc2.png

/Library/PreferencePanes/

Note = I don’t believe you have to delete this file so just keep it in mind for troubleshooting purposes. Below

~/Library/Application Support/Java/

Use the terminal above to make sure you have java 9 deleted. Now download java 8 java runtime environment (JRE) and Java development kit (JDK) from oracle. make sure to download the correct file for Mac operating system.

Archived