Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Questing framework

Articron

idk my framework has like 10 less .java files 'n its still modular

Why don't you share how you would approach it? Perhaps we can learn off of one another

Thank you for this framework, I am putting it to use!

• 10 months later...
    On 3/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, Nuclear Nezz said:

For your isStarted and isFinished, rather than just doing getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id) == 100 you should change the getPlayerSetting method in SheepShearer to & the config by a value.

So once you get the finish value of sheep shearer, say on finish it's 8 (no idea what it actually is) well 8 is 1010 in binary, you know 100% now that those 4 bits are used only for this quest

So you should instead clean the config by those 4 bits, so you'd and it by 1111, or 15.

So the getPlayerSetting() method would now do

return (getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id)&cleanValue);

Then your isStarted would do say: return getPlayerSetting() != 0;
    since you know at every step of the quest, at least one of those bits is going to be a 1, which means the value won't ever return 0 if it's started.

Then your isFinished would do: return getPlayerSetting() == finishedValue;

So ideally your quest framework would also contain variables for cleanValue and finishedValue

This is all in reference to the sheep shearer implementation: https://github.com/articron/Quest-skeleton/blob/master/src/org/dreambot/articron/quest/impl/sheepshearer/SheepShearer.java

I am really confused, when using getPlayerSettings().getConfig() how do you know what id to put into the getConfig() method and also how do you know what the different int's are as you progress through the quest?

Archived