Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Questing framework

Articron

So @@JagexPlease PMed me the following:

unknown.png

So I decided to write him up a quick script skeleton, as I would love to see new quest scripts being developed :P

Quest scripts in particular have a soft spot for me personally so yeah, there you go.

His main concern:

His main concern was about how he can use OOP to inherit off a quest superclass, but have different handler classes for each. Maybe this is a useful resource for the people who want to get into generics and aren't sure on how to use them? :)

You can find the skeleton here: 

https://github.com/articron/Quest-skeleton/tree/master/src/org/dreambot/articron

I commented my code left and right, so if there's something unclear let me know  :ph34r:

Also: Feel free to give constructive criticism if it's due, improvement is what we all want in the end!

• 2 weeks later...

For your isStarted and isFinished, rather than just doing getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id) == 100 you should change the getPlayerSetting method in SheepShearer to & the config by a value.

So once you get the finish value of sheep shearer, say on finish it's 8 (no idea what it actually is) well 8 is 1010 in binary, you know 100% now that those 4 bits are used only for this quest

So you should instead clean the config by those 4 bits, so you'd and it by 1111, or 15.

So the getPlayerSetting() method would now do

return (getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id)&cleanValue);

Then your isStarted would do say: return getPlayerSetting() != 0;
    since you know at every step of the quest, at least one of those bits is going to be a 1, which means the value won't ever return 0 if it's started.

Then your isFinished would do: return getPlayerSetting() == finishedValue;

So ideally your quest framework would also contain variables for cleanValue and finishedValue

This is all in reference to the sheep shearer implementation: https://github.com/articron/Quest-skeleton/blob/master/src/org/dreambot/articron/quest/impl/sheepshearer/SheepShearer.java

For your isStarted and isFinished, rather than just doing getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id) == 100 you should change the getPlayerSetting method in SheepShearer to & the config by a value.

So once you get the finish value of sheep shearer, say on finish it's 8 (no idea what it actually is) well 8 is 1010 in binary, you know 100% now that those 4 bits are used only for this quest

So you should instead clean the config by those 4 bits, so you'd and it by 1111, or 15.

So the getPlayerSetting() method would now do

return (getPlayerSettings().getConfig(id)&cleanValue);

Then your isStarted would do say: return getPlayerSetting() != 0;

since you know at every step of the quest, at least one of those bits is going to be a 1, which means the value won't ever return 0 if it's started.

Then your isFinished would do: return getPlayerSetting() == finishedValue;

So ideally your quest framework would also contain variables for cleanValue and finishedValue

This is all in reference to the sheep shearer implementation: https://github.com/articron/Quest-skeleton/blob/master/src/org/dreambot/articron/quest/impl/sheepshearer/SheepShearer.java

Seperately defining a bitmask does sound like a good idea, as well as your other ideas. 

Cheers! I'll put those changes  in when I'm off work  :ph34r:

I generally don't know much about quest scripting (or their config behaviour) to begin with, I was trying to emphasise object orientation and generics  :P

Archived