Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Anyone Ever Think of Self-Preservation of the Game?

Grimbles

I believe that if a resource gets too cheap, farmers will naturally move on the other method unless they're stupid. In this case, the resource's price should recover and then the cycle should continue again, but never reaching a point where something is now worth 1gp.  The demand will keep the prices in check. Lobsters for example will never crash to really low amount, also some items are tied to their alch value, thus protected.

What if there is no "other method" to move on to? At what point will the balance break and there will be too many bots for jagex to handle?

Yea but how well has it translated into actually acquiring new players?

I would like to think it helps a lot. Twitch is immensely relevant in today's gaming community and Youtube keeps a platform open for people to share their stuff on with others who know the game. Not only that, Jagex hosting Twitch events like bot busting is one of the best things for the game, even though that means hell for us, it keeps things in check and balances the two sides of botting players vs legitimate players.

What if there is no "other method" to move on to? At what point will the balance break and there will be too many bots for jagex to handle?

This is one thing that could be guided by botting communities. Dreambot already has it's own selection of scripts for potential botters to use, whether free or paid. Beyond that, you have some of the more advanced botters who pay for a script of their own private method that only they know. As new updates are released, the possibilities for scripts increases, even the most irrelevant back ass methods may be able to produce gold in the game, people catch on, and soon that method is dried up and people move on to the next gimmick. I highly doubt you'd be able to control what people decided to bot in the game, but I guess if there was some Defcon 9 situation where we had to save the game by choosing our methods more wisely, you could theoretically tide the game a certain direction.

I would like to think it helps a lot. Twitch is immensely relevant in today's gaming community and Youtube keeps a platform open for people to share their stuff on with others who know the game. Not only that, Jagex hosting Twitch events like bot busting is one of the best things for the game, even though that means hell for us, it keeps things in check and balances the two sides of botting players vs legitimate players.

This is one thing that could be guided by botting communities. Dreambot already has it's own selection of scripts for potential botters to use, whether free or paid. Beyond that, you have some of the more advanced botters who pay for a script of their own private method that only they know. As new updates are released, the possibilities for scripts increases, even the most irrelevant back ass methods may be able to produce gold in the game, people catch on, and soon that method is dried up and people move on to the next gimmick. I highly doubt you'd be able to control what people decided to bot in the game, but I guess if there was some Defcon 9 situation where we had to save the game by choosing our methods more wisely, you could theoretically tide the game a certain direction.

100% agree, methods that used to be shit suddenly become good again after being abandoned, not to mention new content that some botters are too lazy to get stats for etc.

Archived