Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client responds slowly and game is lagging

Tingo

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been posted before but I am new the bot and love the work that you guys do. I am currently just running an Easy Teleporter script but my game seems to be really choppy and everything is running slow. I also used another script and it was doing the same thing. I thought it might have something to do with the RAM but I put it up and it didn't seem to fix my issue. I am currently running this on a MacBook Pro 13 Inch.

Thanks

At the top of the Dreambot client, there is a 'button' called Settings. Click it and this should pop up: https://gyazo.com/1cb5dd2ff156cf75d187a316e76a2512

If you have CPU Saver Mode enabled, then disable it.

And turn up the FPS Buffer Control to like 50 or something.

Also, how much ram does your MBP have?

I have an MBA (mid 2012) and I can easily run 2 tabs without a hitch.

At the top of the Dreambot client, there is a 'button' called Settings. Click it and this should pop up: https://gyazo.com/1cb5dd2ff156cf75d187a316e76a2512

If you have CPU Saver Mode enabled, then disable it.

And turn up the FPS Buffer Control to like 50 or something.

Also, how much ram does your MBP have?

I have an MBA (mid 2012) and I can easily run 2 tabs without a hitch.

I have these setting set already and running the client with nearly 6GB of RAM and it still occurs. It usually occurs about 1-2mins into a script.

I have these setting set already and running the client with nearly 6GB of RAM and it still occurs. It usually occurs about 1-2mins into a script.

Maybe it's another program.

Restart your PC, then check Activity Moniter, and if everything appears normal, start DreamBot.

Could you check your Activity Monitor and see if the CPU/memory usage is high?

The CPU Usage does seem to be very high which is strange as past clients have worked without this issue or none that I have noticed. Ill try restarting the Laptop and see if that does anything but I doubt it. I hope there is something I can do to get it working because would love to use the software to its best use.

Update: I left the client open for a while and did some manual stuff and then ran a simple teleport script and the lagging issues occurred within 1-2mins. The CPU Usage was around 100% with the client open when I played manually but went down to 40% but I noticed zero difference. When I ran the script, I minimised the window and then came back to it within the space of minuets to find it doing the lagging affect. I locked in the activity monitor and its between 30-45% so doesn't seem to have changed.

The CPU Usage does seem to be very high which is strange as past clients have worked without this issue or none that I have noticed. Ill try restarting the Laptop and see if that does anything but I doubt it. I hope there is something I can do to get it working because would love to use the software to its best use.

Update: I left the client open for a while and did some manual stuff and then ran a simple teleport script and the lagging issues occurred within 1-2mins. The CPU Usage was around 100% with the client open when I played manually but went down to 40% but I noticed zero difference. When I ran the script, I minimised the window and then came back to it within the space of minuets to find it doing the lagging affect. I locked in the activity monitor and its between 30-45% so doesn't seem to have changed.

And that CPU usage is from DreamBot/java, nothing else?

What happens if you start the client and only play manually, is it fine?

If so, it could just be a bad script :\

And that CPU usage is from DreamBot/java, nothing else?

What happens if you start the client and only play manually, is it fine?

If so, it could just be a bad script :\

I guess that is the case! Would you recommend any scripts that I could try?

I guess that is the case! Would you recommend any scripts that I could try?

Try mine lol. I also have a Macbook and it works fine. 

Search for WizKill in the SDN.

Note: The script kills elemental wizards in falador.

Archived