Im totally new to the world of bots and scripts but It has lit a fire in me in my desire to make some cool shit and get some money!
I have experience in IT world so programming/scripting arent completely new but not something I do alot (Im more sysadmin/networking). Ive studied a few langauges syntax, done simple projects but tod o list bore the shit out of me. When I started reading about botting and seeing some scripts something just clicked. Just being able to see what I work on...work has me excited.
My main goal is to gain knowledge, get some passible scripts then make a good script I would be happy to run or sell. Making some cash via botting is a sidegoal but the idea of fully automating a farm has me inspired too.
Don't think a daily update would be fun but a weekly one would be awesome. I have a full time IT job so I cant devote all my time to this but its my nights and weekend project. Day 0
This will include all the stuff Ive done up till now.
I spent the first two weekends reading everything I could. I googled Bots, VPS, Proxies, scripting, Java. Every blog post I found I read up on. I went and read alot of the bot client forums, joined lots of discords and made a few contacts. I made a small note of everything I needed. I kept comparing prices and clients and realized the best thing I could do was just get started. I've always had business ideas but never actually put them to the test so I didn't want fear to stop me from another idea! If your proxy sucks or you dont like the client? You can always change them!
I tried to set up a small machine in an enterprise environment but it was a huge PITA and the windows license were expensive (but now i know I can do linux so have to test with that) but after talking with a discord contact it seemed simple enough to do on my machine just the inital 2-3 bots I wanted to use for testing. So where am I at now?
- I have a proxy with a few ips
- Im running on my local laptop since I just wanted to do 2-4 bots for practice
- I downloaded and decided to stick with dreambot client for now
- I created a few accounts and their info and storing it all in a spreadsheet for tracking.
- Walk my accounts by hand through tutorial island and finish up some quest on all of them then let them rest
- Watch some basics on scripts and copy them and then start trying basic scripts
- Finish Code Academy Java course to get syntax then run through Hyperskill
- Take notes and see how this goes.