Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Volucron Official Project Thread

Articron

Since I made a project thread on a different community, i'll be posting it here aswell, to spark some awareness and interest for what's possibly coming for Dreambot.

@@Pandemic, or any other dev: I wish to communicate with you so we can set out clear boundaries (or if this project is allowed to be published at all for Dreambot), because I don't want certain things to be considered intrusive.

Keep in mind that my project is meant to create a platform where bot monitoring becomes easy and convenient for everyone.

@Scriptwriters: While this all probably sounds alot for you to take in, I've made sure to keep the integration process as easy as possible for you. If you understand Tasks/Nodes/Strategies/whatever you call it, let me put it like this: It's not as hard.

There will be plenty of resources to assist you should you be interested in integrating the platform in any of your scripts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the last one is outdated I figured to make a new one.
    Here goes for the people that were asking WTF Volucron is supposed to be.

The project can be found here.

What is Volucron?

Volucron is intended as a bot monitoring + data collection platform that is meant to go public at some point in time.
    Script writers will be able to integrate features at a reasonable price, which they can in turn offer to their sales public.

Bottomline: People that use Volucron integrated scripts will be able to check up on their bots through the website + have certain ways of interacting with them (or creating new ones), which are all customiseable by the script writer who wishes to integrate the platform.

I'll break down Volucron's to-be features on release in 2 categories:

Script writer features:
    • Writers are given access to a API page where they are given a bunch of classes. After buying an API key, they must change the info in the class com.volucron.Configurations .
    • Writers are given a private script panel where they are given data (in the form of tables & graphs) of each script that they bought an API key for. This could be useful to track things like how much your script is used, if errors ever occur (so you would not need a bug report from the end-user,...) Keep in mind that private info of the end-user like account usernames will NOT be shared with the writer. The information that is tracked is fully customisable by the writer (although restricted when the information is considered intrusive on the end-user's privacy).
    • Writers will be paying either a monthly fee or a one-time fee for the API key they buy. This price is moreso determined by what features they wish to include. Hence that the idea behind it is that 1 API key is tied to 1 script. This means should a writer want to integrate multiple scripts, they will have to buy a key for each script.
    • The payment + distribution progress of an API-key is completely automated with the help of Paypal IPN. The key's association with certain features are also completely made by the back-end.
    • Youtube videos will be available for script writers to assist them.
    • Volucron will be a global platform, meaning that regardless of the community the writer is part of, Volucron can be integrated. (Or atleast: A community where the developers have given their consent ;) )

Writers have the option to include the following features in their scripts for their end-users:

• A traditional botpanel: An interface which will track realtime information about the current operative bots. The writers can completely customise what is being tracked.
    • Addon to the botpanel: Including a screenshot of the bot when a botpanel refresh is requested.
    • Addon to the botpanel: Being able to send commands to a singular bot or a collection of bots at the same time. The commands both website-sided and client sided are both customisable by the writer. The way this will work in a practical manner is with a CommandListener which will be provided by the API page.
    • Botting history: The ability to store past botting sessions and what that session has brought forth. The data that will be saved is the same data that was being tracked in the previously mentioned botpanel.
    • Runescape map radar: A visual representation of bots on a runescape map image. The bots will be illustrated as dots which can be hovered to retrieve more information about them. They can also right click these dots to send commands to them (which are the same as they are declared on the botpanel).
    • Website-based profile saving: Writers have a way of comfortably creating and offering a medium for their end-users to save specific script settings on the website. This means that the same settings can be used over different computer systems. Example: An AIO fighter with a settings saver would mean the end-user has to re-do the settings for each VPS they run it on. This solves that problem.
    • Addon to website-based profile saving: Being able to remotely boot new botclients through the website with the script & settings on a computer system of choice with the selected website profile settings.
    • More ambitious things which aren't 100% confirmed yet.

Global features for the end-user:
    • OSRS Account generator: Generates accounts based on a format that the user enters in the format user:password (on each line). This would have a cost / account. ($1.5/10 accounts)
    • Volucron profiles: Being able to look at each other's botting feats. The end-users have full control of what they want to show, and what they don't want to show.

What an end-user has to do to use Volucron: (note: youtube videos will be available to you to help you)
    • Register an account on Volucron: Right now Volucron is in a closed pre-alpha and you are not able to register yet. Pre-Alpha testers will also not talk about Volucron in any shape or form. They are given strict guidelines.
    • Link your Volucron account with your Dreambot/other bot account: When first logging into Volucron you will be prompted to link your Dreambot account with your Volucron account. This is to be able to identify you with your Dreambot alias when using Volucron. The process takes less than 10 seconds.
    • Buy the VAuthentication script: This script will be 150-300 (equivalent of $1.5-$3.5) credits/month (not decided yet) on the repository. This script in itself does nothing, but you MUST own this script in order to use the features of Volucron in other scripts. The website will check if you own this script before allowing you to use its features.
    • ONLY buy scripts that claim to have Volucron integration where I have personally posted on. The writer will include a quote of me approving their claims.
    • Run the Volucron stand-alone software suite during botting: In order to create a connection between your operative botclients and the website, you will need to run the Volucron application(1 instance/system). Upon starting the Volucron application, you will be asked to give your system a name. This name will be used to categorise your bots in the botpanel. An example can be found below.

*CENSORED*

Other media of the Volucron software + website as of 02/06/2016:

WILL POST LATER TODAY, SCREENSHOTS MESSED UP ON POST.

Credits:
    Articron: Backend Volucron suite + writer API + EE backend
    Volucri: EE backend + UI + front-end
    Eru: Graphic UI
    Sam Bartlet: Conceptual design 
    Vengeance09: Conceptual design

Changelogs & updates can be found in the post below.

You can also find the "open jobs" for the Volucron project below this OP. If you are interested, contact me on Skype if you have me added, or if not, PM me on the Dreambot forums.

EDIT: IT FUCKING MERGED IT :(

Changelogs:

02/07/2016:
      - Created a project thread

---

Open jobs within the Volucron project:

- Web-designer with following skills:
    • Masterful with HTML.
    • Masterful with CSS.
    • Strong grasp of JS and can easily get used to external libraries such as AngularJS.
    • Small/intermediate experience with PHP (not required but prefered).
    • Intermediate graphical design skills with either Paint.net or Photoshop/Gimp.

- Back-end developer with following skills:
    • Masterful with Java basics.
    • Strong grasp of Java networking in both I/O and NIO protocols.
    • Strong grasp of security measures & cryptography.
    • Small/intermediate experience with Java EE (not required but prefered).
    • Strong grasp of Python.

Note to the interested: I will need to see some kind of portfolio to back up the claims that you possess these features. Failing to provide sufficient content will end up in you not being considered at all.

This looks insane, cant wait for a public release!

I still need approval of @@Pandemic. I have to touch sensitive information & backend of dreambot that isn't supposed to be fiddled with by scripters.

After some tough negotiations with Pandemic we managed to figure something out together.

However, due to the nature of things that need to be done, I'll be rolling out Volucron as a beta test on a different community first and Pandemic will observe it from there.

Will keep you guys updated on changes that are made. 

Archived