Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client Based Anti-Ban + Chat Responses?

Legatus

Hi there guys,

Just wondering why the anti-ban is script based and not some form integrated anti into the client itself? (camera movement, xp check, friends list checks?)

I also think having pre-set text responses to common questions like "str lvl" or "hp lvl" and "hi" "yo" "sup" "you there" etc. etc.

would be very beneficial to minimize player reports...?

A great reply to "you there" would be - "ya, watchin netflix, movie, YT etc"

I remember this being implemented in an older client which I won't name. I feel as though player reports are the biggest killer.

Would be great for VIP only.

Thoughts? ;)

Stay safe!

Completely agree, script based anti-ban leaves a lot of responsibility in the hands of scriptwriters. Scriptwriters that don't understand which anti-ban measures to take can harm the reputation of Dreambot.

Completely disagree. For starters there isn't much evidence that antiban that you are talking about works. What if the scripter doesn't want these functions in their script? What if moving the screen around would make no sense in the area you're at? Plus every dreambot user would have the same anti-ban making very easy for jagex to figure out who is using the client. This would be especially bad with the chat function. Jagex could detect you based on what you say (even if there's an algorithm). Other players could also just ask repeatedly for things that would trigger the chat function making all bots very easily found. 

I agree with Just Chill, I never even add anti-ban anyway because I believe it just does more harm than good, I might add a few things in there humans would do but I don't randomly examine things or randomly move the camera because if I am playing legit I will do that a little but like once an hour to the point where it's hardly worth it your better of just making a script that does it's job and has a couple things that humans would do and not try and go overboard with "anti-ban"

Archived