Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Increasing Interaction Accuracy

Im A Baller

I'm working on a rooftop agility script, and tbh, it basically works perfectly (I've had like a full day to work on it lol), but one thing that I can't find a fix for is the inaccurate clicks of the mouse on smaller objects. Sometimes the interaction returns a true value, in spite of not properly clicking on the object as well (already tried checking for that).

if(utils.interact(nextObstacle)) {
    				MethodContext.sleepUntil(new Condition() {
    					@Override
    					public boolean verify() {
    						return m.getLocalPlayer().isAnimating();
    					}
    				}, 2500);
    			}

The interact method in my utils:

public boolean interact(Entity e, String... action) {
    		InteractionEvent ie = new InteractionEvent(new EntityDestination(m.getClient(), e));
    		if(action.length > 0) {
    			return ie.interact(action[0]);
    		}
    		return ie.interact();
    	}

It will end up misclicking often enough that it becomes a problem, and each time it misclicks, it needs to sit there for 3.5 sec until the conditioned sleep runs its course.

Edit: Occasionally, it will also simply hover over the object and move the mouse by just a few pixels every other second for ~ 20 seconds before actually clicking the object.

An exception that I received twice out of ~ 40 runs (looks like it goes back to the actual method closest() in GameObjects):

[ERROR]20:24:23: Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists:
    	java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    	at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1380)
    	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:512)
    	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:502)
    	at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
    	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
    	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.GameObjects.all(GameObjects.java:65)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.all(Interactables.java:59)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.interactive.Interactables.closest(Interactables.java:103)
    	at nodes.Course.correctObstacle(Course.java:83) //code at this point shown below
    	at nodes.Course.execute(Course.java:42)
    	at main.Main.onLoop(Main.java:57)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:239)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

//this is the method that gives me the above exception ^ 
    				return m.getGameObjects().closest(new Filter<GameObject>() {
    					@Override
    					public boolean match(GameObject o) {
    						return o != null && o.getName().equals(ao.getName()) && o.getTile().equals(ao.getTile());
    					}
    				});

I've already come up with a ghetto fix to this that makes it wait for a bit less, but I don't like it, and I'd enjoy hearing input from people with more experience with the Dreambot API

Edit 2: Still looking for an answer....

I plan on publicly releasing this script. The script runs perfectly aside from this issue, but it still needs to be fixed, and some input would really be appreciated... :)

if(getGameObject.closest(GameObject).interact()){

sleepUntil(()->whatever you're waiting for, xTime)
    }

and keep it in a loop until it interacts.

if(getGameObject.closest(GameObject).interact()){

sleepUntil(()->whatever you're waiting for, xTime)

}

and keep it in a loop until it interacts.

that seems like a very dangerous method. regardless, it often returns a value of 'true' even if it doesnt properly interact

Or you can try and get the centerpoint of the game object, and offset it randomly by a tiny bit to make it a little non bot-like.

good idea - i'm going to try and see what i can do with this. 

Or you can try and get the centerpoint of the game object, and offset it randomly by a tiny bit to make it a little non bot-like.

good idea - i'm going to try and see what i can do with this. 

Or maybe even BETTER: why not just let it missclick? That's what humans do, especially on small hitboxes :D

Or maybe even BETTER: why not just let it missclick? That's what humans do, especially on small hitboxes :D

because the misclick looks very inhuman based upon its location. the interaction method returns 'true' if its clicked on anything (doesn't necessarily have to be the object), so if i use a conditional sleep to check if my player is animating, it waits for the whole conditional sleep unnecessarily 

Archived