Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Treating the "Report a player" menu as part of the random event

08keelr

Hi all,

I had a bit of a yurika moment as I experienced a script get stuck after it had accidentally hit the report a player button on another player.. 

Why aren't we treating the "Report a player" menu as a random event ingame so that bots NEVER get stuck when this menu pops up??

Any thoughts on this? I would write a more indepth post on this but I am currently working :)

Cheers

A Scripter can write a custom RandomSolver to close that Widget if its open :)

Hi diNh, thanks for your input :) 

It's great that scripters can do that, but I feel that scripters shouldn't have to write a custom RandomSolver in order to prevent their scripts getting stuck on that menu, it should be coded into the DreamBot client itself (like the normal RandomSolvers are, I think?) so that this risk/issue with the report a player menu is completely remediated. 

Scripters should be focusing on the efficiency / performance of their scripts and writing fixes for bugs discovered, DEVs of the DreamBot client should focus on remediating the risks to scripts such as events that would cause the script to freeze/stop ect. 

I may be going too deep into this now (as i'm not at work!), quite simply I feel for the benefit of the community and scripters time, a issue such as scripts getting stuck on report a player menu should be resolved by creating a standard RandomSolver, built into the client. Doing this would prevent the need for scripters to create workarounds in their scripts. 

Cheers,

There are Scripts which report people, so adding that Solver to the Client would interrupt those.

I highly doubt they would put in a RandomSolver you'd ever have to disable also on a sidenode how would a Script get into that interface in the first place? If you opened it yourself you can close it yourself aswell ;)

I've never experienced my bots accidentally opening the "report a player" menu. but it may be useful for others (?)

A prime example of a bot accidentally hitting report a player would be a WC script.. Say i'm chopping Yews in Seer's and i'm right infront of the Catherby / Seer's Village agility rooftop exit. Lots of players running past my character and the Yew trees. I've just chopped down a yew tree, bot goes to click on another tree to go and chop it. It right clicks the tree but ends up right clicking a player aswell, then BAM.. script hits report a player and you're insta-stuck and have to manually sort it out...

I'm confident there's more scenarios where scripts get stuck on the report a player screen, but fully understand there are a lot of variables to take into consideration when implementing something like this into the client. 

Cheers.

There are Scripts which report people, so adding that Solver to the Client would interrupt those.

I highly doubt they would put in a RandomSolver you'd ever have to disable also on a sidenode how would a Script get into that interface in the first place? If you opened it yourself you can close it yourself aswell ;)

RandomSolvers can be disabled/unregistered so that wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah but Nezz said they dont want to add in RandomSolvers a Scripter would have to disable to make his Script work properly and as to 

Right click the Report Player button and disable the option that the report option pops up in the right click menues?

0.0001% of scripts uses the report player interface :P

Archived