Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • JAR Local Script Can't Be Updated While Client Is Running

Flying Low

I am writing local scripts using IntelliJ IDEA. My module is setup with an artifact to output a JAR file to the DreamBot scripts folder, whenever I build the module. This works fine when DreamBot is not running.

The problem is that when I have the DreamBot client running,  IntelliJ states that it cannot overwrite the existing JAR file. This means that whenever I update my script, I need to first quit DreamBot in order to build the JAR.

Is there anyway around this? I would like to be able to update my JAR without having to quit DreamBot.

Make sure your script is stopped. IntelliJ will say that the script can't be deleted, but if the script is stopped and you build the artifact it will replace it.

Just make sure to hit Refresh All.

Seems weird but it works.

Make sure your script is stopped. IntelliJ will say that the script can't be deleted, but if the script is stopped and you build the artifact it will replace it.

That works. Thanks so much!

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the gravedigging, but I just HAD to thank you for this info. So useful when debugging scripts!

• 4 months later...

Thank you helped me for debugging aswell!

so tried of having to restart and reload dreambot. forgot i had fresh setting on so loading took forever.

Archived