Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Passive botter, but I can abuse it sometimes. What's the top 10 best practices?


    Recommended Posts

    Posted (edited)

    If you guys can list the 10-15 best practices when botting. I like dream bot most free scripts seem to work. I'll be honest tho, I made an account and in like 3 days or 2 i had ,

    44 range, 70 wc, 48 str, 35 fishing and 35 cooking. It was an instance where right before this happened I was using 2 different pcs. A mac and a PC. 

    I got tired of watching the bot on my pc so i wanted to switch so i can watch my main. Soon as I switched, started wc after training range literally from 1-44. From cows to 20, Monks to 44.

    Went to willows for one last run, go back to my other room. Come back 15-20mins later. boom Disconnected.

     

    I really believe it was one or a few things. I had Proxies (free ones) on both computers because I was scared of my IP address being tracked. I think when I switched PCs I went into a spain proxy I connected on DB that I had success with.

    or it was simply my abuse. I literally think I botted for 24 hours w maybe like 2 hour breaks, 3 hours if that. I probably took like 2 breaks. But short tho. So i really think it was that.

     

    I do have some script suggestions for improvement. One of them in particular was the Cow hide looter + fighter and the WC simple, if ya curious ill point it out but it seems like the mouse movement is EXTREMELY fast and the whole time I'm thinking yeah I'm a bot lol One piece of advice I have for script writers, is to slow down activities and let the character do it before going to the next task. Mouse be moving lightning fast.

    So im not sure it was the rapid Location switch or patching the launcher into the client. So I'm really interested to see what you guys think. Thank you again ladies and gentlemen.

    Am I the only one who receives the warning before entering the client? Seems like they detected it already. (Though I've successfully used it anyway)

    Capture.PNG

    Edited by AROSEBYNATURE
    addition
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited)
    20 minutes ago, AROSEBYNATURE said:

    *Lastly when I log into the client I get the terms and agreements again but I never get it on RuneLite. Is this a possible detection that I'm on a 3rd party?

    I'm really interested to see what you guys think. Thank you again ladies and gentlemen. 

     

     

     

    Capture.PNG

    Edited by AROSEBYNATURE
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    8 hours ago, AROSEBYNATURE said:

     

     

    Capture.PNG

    That is normal, for the proxie use, I would never trust free proxies. As they might be used by other malicious users and might be flagged.

    For newer accounts I would consider longer breaks inbetween.

    at the end its a lottery if you get banned or not.

    but doing the same thing each day for few hours might get you banned sooner etc..

    For script suggestions you better look for the scripts forum posts and write them there.
    to check if your proxie/ip is somewhat decent you can use this site

    https://ipfighter.com/

    image.thumb.png.4900d589fb2b1602cf1d5c4ee1e27ddb.png

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 minutes ago, iron magneto said:

    That is normal, for the proxie use, I would never trust free proxies. As they might be used by other malicious users and might be flagged.

    For newer accounts I would consider longer breaks inbetween.

    at the end its a lottery if you get banned or not.

    but doing the same thing each day for few hours might get you banned sooner etc..

    For script suggestions you better look for the scripts forum posts and write them there.
    to check if your proxie/ip is somewhat decent you can use this site

    https://ipfighter.com/

    image.thumb.png.4900d589fb2b1602cf1d5c4ee1e27ddb.png

    Thank you so much for your response dude. What proxy sites do you guys use? I'm looking for something affordable as I'm not looking to farm as of right now. 

    New accounts longer breaks.

    So in reality just simulate the bot to be as human as possible with gameplay?

     

    What would be your longest session for a new account?

    Thanks again.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, AROSEBYNATURE said:

    Thank you so much for your response dude. What proxy sites do you guys use? I'm looking for something affordable as I'm not looking to farm as of right now. 

    New accounts longer breaks.

    So in reality just simulate the bot to be as human as possible with gameplay?

     

    What would be your longest session for a new account?

    Thanks again.

    It all depends on the script you use if it has breaks built in or if it does more randomised stuff instead of just one skill I suppose.

    I use royalproxies but there is def other providers around.

    I started mine mainly like 4 to 6 hours but its an all in one script I mainly use. then 12hr break. But there is no real way of avoiding a ban. Just dont overdo anything in the beginning. Like I said 6 hours of the same thing, only quests, f2p gets flagged faster as well, first 20-70hrs seem to be the hot spots for bans. From what I have heard. But take it with a grain of salt. At one point you will lose an acc. That's just botting.

    Some bot 24/7 with breaks programmed in and get away. and other do it 2 hrs a day and get banned so its a lottery. oh and maybe run the bot different hours can also help. Like don't start stop it at the same times.

    Make some accounts and find your own way. Just don't get to attached.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, iron magneto said:

    It all depends on the script you use if it has breaks built in or if it does more randomised stuff instead of just one skill I suppose.

    I use royalproxies but there is def other providers around.

    I started mine mainly like 4 to 6 hours but its an all in one script I mainly use. then 12hr break. But there is no real way of avoiding a ban. Just dont overdo anything in the beginning. Like I said 6 hours of the same thing, only quests, f2p gets flagged faster as well, first 20-70hrs seem to be the hot spots for bans. From what I have heard. But take it with a grain of salt. At one point you will lose an acc. That's just botting.

    Some bot 24/7 with breaks programmed in and get away. and other do it 2 hrs a day and get banned so its a lottery. oh and maybe run the bot different hours can also help. Like don't start stop it at the same times.

    Make some accounts and find your own way. Just don't get to attached.

     

    Great suggestions I appreciate that. You're definitely right about the lottery and new f2p accounts. 

    I have used scripts with break options which is great.

    I do have a main I'd like to passively bot on for maybe 1-2 hour increments 2-3x a day and then also play myself when I wanna do other things. 

    I also looked into the Bot detector plug in on runelite which we gotta be careful and make sure to set the settings right or else you might send information to a portal about detection. I found something interesting tho. Like sometimes I wc in the Guild and see the same people. I predicted their detection as bots and alot of them be 96%real - 4% bot etc.

    I'm like hmmm, I know he/she is a bot, they're moving like one. 

     

    Now when I did my username, I saw that I had 57% real player

    16% unknown

    26% Barrows bot mind you my KC is only 9 lol

    and other random ones. No specific skill tho and this is a main.

    I also looked up my friend who I know never botted and had 100% real player

    My question to that is do you know anything about increasing that % of real player vs bot? Like I wonder if periodically these numbers change. I feel like the higher that real player% is the less likely they're looking for some sort of pattern or what not.

    Edited by AROSEBYNATURE
    typo
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    16 hours ago, AROSEBYNATURE said:

    Great suggestions I appreciate that. You're definitely right about the lottery and new f2p accounts. 

    I have used scripts with break options which is great.

    I do have a main I'd like to passively bot on for maybe 1-2 hour increments 2-3x a day and then also play myself when I wanna do other things. 

    I also looked into the Bot detector plug in on runelite which we gotta be careful and make sure to set the settings right or else you might send information to a portal about detection. I found something interesting tho. Like sometimes I wc in the Guild and see the same people. I predicted their detection as bots and alot of them be 96%real - 4% bot etc.

    I'm like hmmm, I know he/she is a bot, they're moving like one. 

     

    Now when I did my username, I saw that I had 57% real player

    16% unknown

    26% Barrows bot mind you my KC is only 9 lol

    and other random ones. No specific skill tho and this is a main.

    I also looked up my friend who I know never botted and had 100% real player

    My question to that is do you know anything about increasing that % of real player vs bot? Like I wonder if periodically these numbers change. I feel like the higher that real player% is the less likely they're looking for some sort of pattern or what not.

    Hmm not really, totally forgot about that plugin. Just checked my accs seems i got 79 procent real human.

    think that is all dependend on how the script plays the account I suppose. But good shout about the plugin, something to keep an eye on

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    5 hours ago, iron magneto said:

    Hmm not really, totally forgot about that plugin. Just checked my accs seems i got 79 procent real human.

    think that is all dependend on how the script plays the account I suppose. But good shout about the plugin, something to keep an eye on

    Yeah definitely take off any auto uploads, there's a send info after log out button. I would probably uncheck that. There's also a timer to when they send information after x amount of minutes you set it to. I put like 116mins something because I know I won't have the plug in on all the time. Lastly make sure you're hiding your IP when you download the bot detector plug in. I always delete it and reinstall it if I ever wanna check

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.