Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Running Multiple Characters with One Jagex Account or Create Multiple Jagex accounts

A Doggo

Apologies if this is the wrong forum section. Now that Jagex accounts are required for new accounts. Would it be advisable to create multiple characters through one Jagex account, or create multiple Jagex accounts per one character? I'm not sure how Bans function with Jagex accounts. If one creates Five characters through One Jagex account. If one of those characters gets banned, does the Jagex account itself get banned, thus losing all accounts? Or just the single account banned, Jagex account unaffected? If somebody knows, I'd appreciate the advise.

Edited by A Doggo

mod-s.png

Not sure if there's been an official update since, but that said, why make multiple characters?

Just play it safe and make separate accounts, gives you more flexibility with respect to IPs/proxies too.

4 minutes ago, apnasus said:

mod-s.png

Not sure if there's been an official update since, but that said, why make multiple characters?

Just play it safe and make separate accounts, gives you more flexibility with respect to IPs/proxies too.

Thanks for replying. It would make sense to me to create multiple accounts, over creating multiple characters tied to a single account. The Jagex account and spoofing Runelite to act as Dreambot is new to me. So I'm unable to simply login to multiple accounts by typing it in DB client like I used to. Rather, launching the character through Jagex Launcher first. How would I utilize multiple different Jagex accounts with Dreambot? Does that require logging in/out the Jagex launcher per Dreambot client? 

2 hours ago, A Doggo said:

It would make sense to me to create multiple accounts, over creating multiple characters tied to a single account.

Is this because of the fact that you don't want to create multiple emails or some other reason?

2 hours ago, A Doggo said:

Thanks for replying. It would make sense to me to create multiple accounts, over creating multiple characters tied to a single account. The Jagex account and spoofing Runelite to act as Dreambot is new to me. So I'm unable to simply login to multiple accounts by typing it in DB client like I used to. Rather, launching the character through Jagex Launcher first. How would I utilize multiple different Jagex accounts with Dreambot? Does that require logging in/out the Jagex launcher per Dreambot client? 

Are you on Mac, Linux, or Windows?

I am unfamiliar with the first two, but for Windows the latest DreamBot DBLauncher.jar makes registering multiple Jagex accounts an absolute breeze. You create a new Jagex account at https://account.jagex.com/en-GB/login/registration-start which requires you to enter a one-time passcode (OTP) sent to the email address you are using. Then you run the latest DreamBot DBLauncher.jar, launch the client through whatever proxy you want to use (the proxy you hopefully used with the browser that you just made a Jagex account on), navigate to DreamBot's 'Account Manger' and hit 'Add an account', it runs you through a few steps to add a new Jagex account where you have to enter an OTP sent to that email address one last time.

Your newly made account is then good to use with DreamBot and you can run it through the account manager (or QuickStart/CLI) the usual way, without entering OTPs or going through the Jagex launcher.

Edited by apnasus
    proxy info

No point, all you are doing is telling Jagex, hey this is all my accounts, if one gets banned and then another character is marked as 95% being a bot, the last 5% might get tipped off from another character being banned for the same thing on the Jagex account, now that being said I don't think Jagex is even competent enough to do such a thing but not worth it.

Edited by Meteorite