Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Using JavaFX Application in DreamBot Script

badramen

I'm trying to write a script which launches a JavaFX application (instead of Swing - for many reasons). I've coded the JavaFX app (not looking for basic syntax help here...), and it launches standalone perfectly fine. I'm trying to launch it at the beginning of my script so I'm using the below in order to launch it, but nothing is being launched:

new Thread(() -> Application.launch(SettingsPanelFX.class)).start();

Before you ask I'm launching it on a separate thread so that the GUI is able to be used while the bot is still being run (to adjust parameters on the fly, partly for debugging purposes but also so that the user never needs to re-launch the script and adjust specific settings such as potion quantities).

Anyway, just trying to "get it running" I've called the below in order to get the GUI to launch but it still doesn't work

Application.launch(SettingsPanelFX.class);

I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be. 

image.png.ac6fe1b12dcec99994674c5f247d0ce8.png

I suspect that this might have something to do with the way that DreamBot scripts get built?

Edited by badramen

I had this same issue prior to launching my first script. I would launch one instance fine, though the thread would not terminate properly on script end causing issues when starting back up.

Call me crazy, but what’s wrong with swing? There’s lots of nice libraries to make it look good, and good implementations within IntelliJ and other IDEs

14 hours ago, badramen said:

I'm trying to write a script which launches a JavaFX application (instead of Swing - for many reasons). I've coded the JavaFX app (not looking for basic syntax help here...), and it launches standalone perfectly fine. I'm trying to launch it at the beginning of my script so I'm using the below in order to launch it, but nothing is being launched:

new Thread(() -> Application.launch(SettingsPanelFX.class)).start();

Before you ask I'm launching it on a separate thread so that the GUI is able to be used while the bot is still being run (to adjust parameters on the fly, partly for debugging purposes but also so that the user never needs to re-launch the script and adjust specific settings such as potion quantities).

Anyway, just trying to "get it running" I've called the below in order to get the GUI to launch but it still doesn't work

Application.launch(SettingsPanelFX.class);

I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be. 

image.png.ac6fe1b12dcec99994674c5f247d0ce8.png

I suspect that this might have something to do with the way that DreamBot scripts get built?

It can't load your javaFX class, I don't have an answer exactly how to fix it but I ran into the same problem trying to load an external library into a different API and got the same error.

It looks like the JVM you're using doesn't include JavaFX (which is why we don't allow JavaFX on the SDN). JavaFX isn't usually included in most Java installations anymore.

• 2 weeks later...