Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Finding the number of hours played on an account

RandyPowers

I know you can do this to open the quest tab:

Tab.QUEST.open();

However, I can't find anything in the APIs, on a google search, on VarBits, or in searching the DB forums on how to open the "Character Summary" tab within the Quest Tab to see the number of hours played on an account. 

I wrote a script to sell some items on the GE and then when I ran it it turns out that my new account that I test my scripts on can't sell those items on the GE due to not meeting the minimum requirements. How can I check the number of hours played on my account through the dreambot API so I don't try to collect items i can't even sell?

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    14 hours ago, RandyPowers said:

Is there a place where you can go to know how to use widgets? Because 629, 3, 710, 2, and 100 are all "Magic Numbers".

629, 3, 710, 2, 100 are basically ids of widgets.
    You can get them in Game Explorer (CTRL + G in dreambot)

On 7/7/2023 at 5:27 PM, RandyPowers said:

Is there a place where you can go to know how to use widgets? Because 629, 3, 710, 2, and 100 are all "Magic Numbers".

https://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/wrappers/widgets/package-summary.html

Client->Tools->GameExplorer->WidgetsTab

712 is the parent widget. if it isnt under the widgets tab, make sure it is displayed on screen under character summary. then refresh the widgets. 

2, is the chid. it represents the specific widget"Box" to focus on within widget 712.

100 is the grandchild. it is the widget within the widget. the .getText() will get the text from this specific reference which will be hours played.

youll have to do a check to see if 712  exists or you may get errors in the script. That is where the 629 widget comes into play by opening up the character summary tab.

Widgets can cause a lot of errors in your script if you arent used to using them. Just send me a DM if you run into issues