Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • P2P Master AI [Machine Learning] [1-Click Account Builder]

Aeglen

Posted (edited)
    8 hours ago, PPTouch2 said:

Saying I'm not being polite while again insulting my competence and questioning my experience. I've done nothing but suggest that there's ways to improve your script. Disappointing.

You think that pricing data can't be used well, or in a timely manner, and that's all I really needed to know. Accuse me of being unfamiliar all you want, when it you who does not understand how to make this work for you. It can and is being used well in scripts to do flips non stop on the G.E. for a profit. There's no way to make that efficient and profitable unless it was using the latest data for the immediately best priced trades. There's not many good bots that do it, because they're not familiar with markets or how well the APIs can be used, but it's very possible. I would make some suggestions for some you can look into, but honestly I don't think you give a shit at this point. The function works 'well enough' and that's that for you. Forgive me for being so daring as to suggest that there's room for improvements.

Alright let's break this down

insulting my competence. Sorry if this was ambiguous, but that's not what I meant there. I said "I could tell you were experienced at - something - (if not GE workings, nor politeness) due to the quite rare level of competence". Specifically, your level of competence is quite rare, i.e. you are refreshingly competent, I bet you are skilled at something. But yeah that was badly worded from me on mobile rip.

Saying I'm not being polite while... You cannot use such language and expect politeness back, you let the cat out of the bag and now we're both rude for it lol.

You think that pricing data can't be used well, or in a timely manner, and that's all I really needed to know. That's right! You certainly can use the price and margin for flipping, but when it comes to wanting to buy something right now, no amount of price data will help you buy it faster or cheaper.

Accuse me of being unfamiliar/questioning my experience. If you think that putting in an offer at +20% means you can expect to pay +20% every time, this is unfamiliar. That's just not how the GE works

There's not many good bots that do it, because they're not familiar with markets or how well the APIs can be used, but it's very possible. I agree, and have done the same IRL algorithmically with cryptocurrency to a reasonable degree of success. However, it involves trades that (1) may not go through and (2) tie up lots of resources and time. Whilst this is useful for a flipping bot, these techniques and their associated pricing data do not help here, where the problem is to buy an item as fast as possible.

I don't think you give a shit at this point. Depends on some balance of the demand/effort/impact on a per-feature basis.

The function works 'well enough' and that's that for you. Yup, making such a change (including some speculative advance-buying technique and stoppage-correction) would take a lot of effort and make a low impact, due to the way the GE works above. You are the only person who has ever suggested it, so there is low demand, although it's fair to assume that most people probably don't realise this is a possibility.

Forgive me for being so daring as to suggest that there's room for improvements. Np, feel free to suggest more! Just don't be throwing around words like incompetent, foundationally-flawed, terribly designed, etc, unless you are willing to defend them and potentially have them thrown back.

Edited by Aeglen

P2P Master AI has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v1.134 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Added MELEE to the following monsters
    • Aberrant Spectre
    • Bloodveld
    • Infernal Mage
    • Jelly
    • Fixed Kurask location (really)
    • Improved MLM movement etc
    • Improved GPT stuff
    • Fixed construction dialogue
    • Improved thieving combat avoidance
    • Improved sand crabs spot finding
    • Added force-banking to more locations
    • No longer tries to bank pay-dirt
    • Misc fixes and improvements

Time since request was made: 2 hours, 29 minutes, 32 seconds

Thanks!

It's currently at v1.134 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Hotfix for melee-ranged gear and elf task
    • Made GPT slightly more responsive

Time since request was made: 1 minute, 38 seconds

Thanks!

On 3/1/2024 at 5:18 PM, kjdsfjkhsad23 said:

Made a competition in his discord to "crowd source" ideas for projects that he can do OUTSIDE of runescape. (How is using a discord you made on dreambot to create ideas/funds for an outside project legal is beyond me.)

I got kicked when I questioned the whole situation and the idea of intellectual property. (Apparently I was being rude. All I wanted to know is if people would be happy their idea made billions in return for a P2P instance!)

He got one of his mods to talk to me rather than doing it himself and said he "will not respond further".

Good scripts. Kinda guessing the owner has a bigger ego than his dingy wingy 😛

You deserve the ban, you were being an asshole for de-railing a competition that others were happy to participate in. The discord is owned by Aeglen and Dreambot has no control over discord servers, besides the official Dreambot discord. Good riddance

14 minutes ago, woodchopman25 said:

Any plans to using protection prayers for combat/slayer in the future? Especially with Aberrant Spectres being able to pray protect from magic.

Depends on future slayer monsters. For spectres it will use ranged gear.

It's currently at v1.135 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Save file is now called Default
    • Added basic profiles
    • Profiles do not yet autosave
    • Profiles do not yet load last used
    • Added logging to MLM
    • Possibly fixed MLM

Time since request was made: 5 minutes, 50 seconds

Thanks!

Manual purchase of third bond now done. 1500+ total level, 55 QP, 12M bank. I'm curious the best way to go about managing bonds. I don't want to spend 75% of my bank on one. Perhaps I have to keep manually supplying until higher levels and more liquid gp.

Wintertodt : It seems like the bot didn't want to do it unless it had a cape to use. There's plenty of non cape warm clothing items. Whatever, guess it owns an obby cape now (expensive entry point). On a similar note, all spare equipment slots should probably be filled with graceful.

Chaos Altar : PKer reaction time is bad. (please don't hate me again). No world hopping, no spam burying. Bot just tries to continue business as usual. Hopefully the bot doesn't just keep going back after death on the same world and ends up farmed.

General Inventory : This doesn't matter as much, but more for viewing pleasure. The bot doesn't reorganize inventory on tasks. It'll bring out like 12 items, 6 of them get equipped, then the inventory is jumbled. I'm sure there's an argument to be made that it's more realistic to fix inventories, but it probably doesn't matter. I'm sure it's also too much work for an unnecessary feature, but it would satisfy my soul. Even if it's just moving everything to the top or bottom after banking, that would be nice.

Edited by PPTouch2
    Added info