Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Getting back into botting - any tips help.

beepiamajeep

Thanks for taking the time to view my post.

I am currently in the process of creating some accounts to use with SubZulrah and I just wanted to post my setup here and see if I can improve or change anything, if anyone had any criticism, tips or was able to steer me in the proper direction.

I am going to be running 8 accounts but in attempt to reduce my ban rate, my plan is to run only one account at a time, for two hours, log out and have a break set for 40-70 minutes and then move onto the next account, rinse repeat. This in theory should give every account a 2 hour play time and a very decent break between its next session.

Now, something I believe may be an issue is that I have been working on these accounts (combat/ranged/magic/random skills/quests) with my own scripts and by hand for the past couple weeks solely on one IP address, my home IP.

From my understanding, it would be important to have a residential socks5 proxy for each account to separate them to hopefully greater increase the longevity of the farm and potentially avoid a chain ban across all accounts/mule.

If I go ahead and purchase 8 proxies, I am worried that I would get some type of flag on my accounts for randomly changing IP addresses and I feel like it may already be too late to attempt this as I have already basically let the cat know that I'm the same mouse by logging in solely from my home IP for the past couple weeks.

In regards to other ban prevention methods, as I only will be running one account at a time, I therefore do not need to purchase VIP/Sponsor to have extra tabs/instances for my own use, however I would love to support Dreambot and will be looking into getting either VIP/Sponsor to do just so after I start bringing in some OSRS GP. This leads me to my next point, Covert Mode.

I have browsed literally every thread this forum has to offer over the past couple weeks (no joke, the dispute section is a shit show and I can't begin to imagine having to deal with some of the folks in there, hats off to you mods) and it is my understanding that at some point a few years ago Covert Mode was something different and almost better in a sense than what it is today. I have not used it once on any of these accounts and they are still running strong.

I know there is a lot of trial and error involved in OSRS botting and a question I would have is should I just get VIP immediately and use Covert Mode or what is everyone's general thoughts on that?
    I don't want to 'fix' something that isn't broken and do something out of character from what I have been doing and end up getting disabled.

I am ultimately thinking that it would be best to continue these 8 accounts as is, on my home IP, using non covert mode until they eventually get banned and THEN start the new farm up using strict proxies/covert mode but I have no idea.

:)

Also, I am wondering if there are any scripters on here who would be able to create a script that ran with/over top of SubZulrah that would run an account for 2 hours, log out and break and then bring another account in, etc etc etc.  I feel like this might be difficult as each client is designated a proxy upon launching and I do not see any options to change it to a different one without restarting the launcher.

Edited by beepiamajeep
    added bottom question.

11 hours ago, beepiamajeep said:

If I go ahead and purchase 8 proxies, I am worried that I would get some type of flag on my accounts for randomly changing IP addresses

Yes I agree, if you want to seperate out accounts to their own proxies while training them up yourself, you should start each account out on their own proxy

should I just get VIP immediately and use Covert Mode

I'm not sure that it's such a drastic difference in banrate compared to say, OSBot stealth client vs. mirror mode, so you should be fine without Covert

Also, I am wondering if there are any scripters on here who would be able to create a script that ran with/over top of SubZulrah that would run an account for 2 hours, log out and break and then bring another account in, etc etc etc.  I feel like this might be difficult as each client is designated a proxy upon launching and I do not see any options to change it to a different one without restarting the launcher.

It's possible by creating a program in Python or Java that would launch a Dreambot client with the username/password/script/proxy quickstart parameters then wait 2 hours, kill the process, wait 40 minutes, then launch another with different quickstart parameters. If it's on the same IP and you're fine with sharing the game cache between accounts, then a different local Dreambot script could be created to serve as a manager for running each account for 2 hours then breaking on one client, using threads, and ScriptManager / LoginUtility classes.

Edited by 420x69x420